Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. I'm a heavy equipment mechanic by trade. It's not what I do anymore, but anyhowI am stumped. Never seen this connection before. How the hell do I change the fuel filter on my 06? Like I know how to do it, but the weird connectors on the 2 lines are new to me. I have never seen them before. Can someone shed some light for me. Maybe a pic or how to? My new one came with plastic clips, but the one on my car now does not have the plastic ones. It's like a metal ball. Dunno how to take it apart and I don't want to wreck it!

·
Registered
'07 CTS 3.6
2,937 Posts
You need the fuel line release tools. I had to use both types to get mine off.
There is a set that is like various sized split collets, and another one like scissors. Get the right diameter.
Try Crappy, in the HELP! tools section, used to be Lisle. or ask at PartSource. They are used for other types of pressure lines as well.
Like A/C. Sometimes they are colour coded. Try Google.
Sorry no pics, but if you are a mech. it will be easy to figure out. I found there was not a lot of room to get the tool inserted easily.

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thanks. I will go take a look at Parts source and Cambodian Tire and see what they have. I figured it was something like that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts