Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Katshot 
#1 ·
Sorry about the repeat. I accidently posted this in the electrical section. I was looking for my fuel filter and cant find it. Is it built into the side of the carb?

#3 ·
That's where i thought it was if it weren't hidden somewhere else. Damn fuel lines in the way so i can't get open that part. I'll have to take off the carb or something.

#4 ·
1" line wrench on the filter housing, and a 5/8" line wrench on the fuel line breaks it loose. Then pull fuel line out of the way (it's tight but it CAN be done) and unscrew the filter housing. Be careful not to lose the spring behind the filter or (and this is IMPORTANT) the thin plastic seal that goes around the end of the filter housing (this is the only actual seal for the housing). The seal "clicks" in place on the end of the housing.
IMPORTANT TIP: DO NOT USE TEFLON TAPE ON ANY OF THE THREADS. (line or housing)

#7 ·
2dfx said:
lol who cares? While you have it off put on a Holley or an Edelbrock!
I'd love to. Do you have the money to buy me a edelbrock 750cfm?? cause I sure don't.... :annoyed:

#9 ·
#12 ·
Katshot said:
Not sure what you meant by universal one but you COULD just install an inline one and it would actually do a better job.
universal as in the one that i made a link to. They call it "universal" at least.

#15 ·
Just wanted to add to that post about the Q-Jet airflow ratings. I had to wait until I got to work to look up the exact sizes.

There are 2:
1-3/32" venturi (primary) = 750cfm
1-7/32" Venturi (primary) = 800cfm
As I recall, your car has the larger one but a simple measurment can nail it down for you.

#17 ·
Yeah, that's a common aftermarket inline unit. You really don't need one like that. They require you to use their replacement parts whereas any inline aftermarket one will work. I used those on my custom applications years ago because they looked cool but they are more money and less filter than many others on the market.

#20 ·
Q jets rule , we had one on a rescue truck , big block 454 , damn thing ran good once we rebuilt it (had been in the truck for 14 years)

dads vette has one but its on a 350 and id think a 750 is a bit big for stock so there musta been an even smaller q jet

IMHO the q jet is suprerior to a holley

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.