Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
03 CTS
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did the fuel filter change on my car yesterday. I guess the 03 is different than all the others.

I was looking on here for a how to and found that you don't need the special tools that the 04 and up need. All that is needed is a 20 mm and 16 mm. There was no need to bleed the line or anything, just had to loosen off the line on one side and press in the plastic clips on the other. Took about 29 min to get the whole thing done.

dup

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Where is It located and how much was the filter? That was on my list last summer..lol

·
Registered
03 CTS
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine was a aftermarket type and fit no problem. Others have had a small amount of trouble on the 04 and up models. They would have to put a small cut in the top of the harness to make it fit.
I did have to put mine in going from front to back of the car due to the taper on the filter.

Price was under 25.

As for location, it is on the passenger side, in front of the rear wheel. It is easy to get to. My car is over 200 000 kms and I did break the bolt that holds the plastic harness to the car. Not a hard fix but some penetrating fluid might help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts