Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 deville w/northstar
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my fuel door will not open, nor will the trunk release work. checked the rear fuse block, went to the convenc fuse, and the was good. then i went to the maxi fuse center, and could not find it:bigroll: i know that ranger or one of you vetrans know what is causing this issue. when i went to the rear fuse block, i first checked the pzm, that was ok too. any insight would be greatly appreciated. thanks, tom

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,152 Posts
Did you mistakenly turn off the valet switch in the glove box ???

·
Registered
96 deville w/northstar
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i went right and checked, and sure enough. our four year old granddaughter must have depressed the botton. man, how embarassing. :thumbsup: thanks ever so much submariner409. when did you serve?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,152 Posts
'58 - '82....Diesel boats, Fast Attacks, 3 Fleet Ballistic Missile boats. Navigation, Chief of The Boat and Diving officer. Shot a few birds off Cape Canaveral and elsewhere.........:sneaky:

·
Registered
70 Posts
This must be my lucky day, I now I know why the new relay I just purchase did not fix this problem . . . . its fixed after reading this :) . . . . . thiink I did this before, too

·
Registered
96 deville w/northstar
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like you had a great military carreer submariner409. thanks goes out to you and all military vets. and thanks again for the advise. sounds like it helped others as well. my brother served on the forestall, forest fire. in the early 70's

·
Registered
2001 DTS / 1973 fleetwood
281 Posts
i cant believe i didnt think of that !!! lol

mine gas and trunk release havent been working for last month..waiting for oil change to bring it in for the 'guys' to look at...then i came across this thread thru the 'tags' search..

just went out to the glove box, and switched the valet switch....

d;oh !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts