Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 DeVille
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Solenoid or manual pull cord do not open fuel door unless a small wedge is used when either is activated (i.e., they both function properly as far as that goes just no door opening). There is NO ice or snow involved (it's 70°F+ here). The trip mechanism is operating freely. The door does NOT "spring" out thus I suspect the defect lies there; but without an actual shop manual one cannot see the level of detail needed to further diagnose the problem. I would buy a set but the $300-$400 cost is not in the budget right now. This is the first car I've owned without getting real shop manuals ... and I suspect I am really going to need them ... but I digress. Sorry. Can a few folks send me detailed photos of their 2004 Deville fuel doors (hinge, latch, etc.), the latching mechanism (in the body), and any other non-fuel filler neck details that might be in that pocket? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
The hinges tend to rust. Put a few drops of oil on the top and let it drip down. Then exercise it a few times. Oil it yearly.

That reminds me :hmm: Mine is due.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts