Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, before you all get nuts on me, NO I didn't drag race the guy!
That said, this is about pissing off somebody in a M3 yesterday. I was on my way home at lunch time to meet a contractor and I came up behind a guy in a new M3 stuck behind a mini van. I sat on the M3's ass until the mini van turned. Just as the mini van turned and me and the M3 had open road, the M3 whips a tight left (which happened to be the way I wanted to go anyway) and HITS IT through this tight off-camber left sweeper which is followed by a huge graceful right hand sweeper. I hit it too and stayed right on his ass. After the turns, the road goes straight for about a half mile and I thought for sure that he'd open it up and lose me but instead he decided to chill and cruise. I assume that he wasn't up for any high-speed stuff and figured that it might not turn out the way he figured anyway since he didn't lose me in the turns.
It's obvious to me that the guy just didn't know how to drive or else I wouldn't have been able to stay with him. But either way, I'm sure the guy either has a lower opinion of his M3 now or a higher opinion of Cadillacs.
Disclaimer: YES I KNOW MY CAR'S NOT FASTER THAN AN M3!!!!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
What I liked best about this post was that you actually spelled "lose" correctly, most people on the web seem to think its spelled "loose". All in all, he should have lost you easy, M3"s are not only fast but some of the best handling cars out there, but hey like we've said a million times, the driver counts.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Around here, it seems that the more expensive the car, the less likely the driver is to be able to drive it. It's really a shame but there's a whole lot of fast cars around here that get SPANKED buy far lesser vehicles simply because the guys driving the expensive ones can't drive.
Give ME an M3 and I'll GUARANTEE you that NO CADILLAC could stay near me.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MMNineInchNails said:
what a homo. If I were driving the M3, I'd drive it like how it was built for. Katshot would have been a spec in the rear view mirror. :sneaky:
At your age, I'm more likely to believe you'd put the M3 into a tree before you made me a "spec" in your mirror. ;)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Katshot said:
At your age, I'm more likely to believe you'd put the M3 into a tree before you made me a "spec" in your mirror. ;)
nah, I'm not like my friends. I've been in two car accidents where the car was totalled and I wasn't even driving. Unlike my friends, I know how to get myself out of hairy situations. A friend of mine puts a good and bad influence on me. Bad because he drives like an ass everywhere, good because he knows what he's doing and knows how to get out of hairy situations.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't make the same mistake so many other young kids make. Thinking that your "skills" are more important than "experience". There's junk yards full of what used to be nice cars, and grave yards full of what used to be nice kids, because some kid got behind the wheel and thought he knew what he was doing.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Being young is so cool, life is never the same when you reach that age of self awareness. I plan on taking my kids to the Bondurant teenage drivers course.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
When I first saw this, I thought it was going to be one of the ETC vs EVO threads...... But then I saw it was Kevin who posted it, and then realized it wasnt a magical victory....... :D

:eek: fftopic...... Kevin, have you raced a 740 ever...... I have heard their not super fast (ie their getting beat by 1st generation Qs)....... Just curious on how the FTS stacks against that!

Do you think the M3 guy was trying to go fast (away from you), or do you think he was just trying to get out of traffic and then cruise......?

·
Registered
989 Posts
I love how no adults think kids can drive. IT'S SO GREAT! Truth is, most can't, but a lot have ruined it for some. I do have experience too. My mom has been letting me drive since i was 12 and She let me drive around town and such when i was 14. I know it's not much, but that's what makes me say I didn't just get behind the wheel six months ago.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
elwesso said:
When I first saw this, I thought it was going to be one of the ETC vs EVO threads...... But then I saw it was Kevin who posted it, and then realized it wasnt a magical victory....... :D

:eek: fftopic...... Kevin, have you raced a 740 ever...... I have heard their not super fast (ie their getting beat by 1st generation Qs)....... Just curious on how the FTS stacks against that!

Do you think the M3 guy was trying to go fast (away from you), or do you think he was just trying to get out of traffic and then cruise......?
Wes,
I've raced a few 7-series Bimmers but I'd be lying if I said I knew what models. To date, I've only been beat once and that was posted here a while ago. It was a customized MB and he pulled me by a little. I can live with that though. As for the M3 guy, yeah I think he was on it. Do I think that he was able to drive the M3 to it's edge or anywhere near it? NO. Was that what allowed me to stay on his ass? HELL YEAH! Anyone that could actually DRIVE a M3 to it's full potential would've left me hanging on the first turn wishing I had more engine and/or suspension but hey that's racin'. The better car doesn't always win. ;)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Im gonna get the Q out on the road sometime and really open it up.. Im not a big fan of racing, since I dont want to get caught or get hurt (or hurting my car)......

I only have 1 time......... It was against my friend in his 96 cutlass supreme..... I can tell if anyone cares (it was more of Wes speeding than a race, there was some extreme wipeage)........

·
Registered
397 Posts
MMNineInchNails said:
I love how no adults think kids can drive. IT'S SO GREAT! Truth is, most can't, but a lot have ruined it for some. I do have experience too. My mom has been letting me drive since i was 12 and She let me drive around town and such when i was 14. I know it's not much, but that's what makes me say I didn't just get behind the wheel six months ago.
Amen brother.

Seriously though, I get it too. You know what I really hate? Moms, moms with kids, or just couples in general crossing at a stop sign or a red light. They always hug their kids or start walking faster when I pull up cause they think im drunk or something and run over them. It pisses me off - all the fags of our generation have ruined the rep for all the GOOD drivers of our generation.

I have no tickets, and i've only been in 1 accident where it wasn't my fault. Got rear ended by some lady in a malibu who wasn't paying attention. Truck got a dented bumper - the lady went under the truck and got her front end all smashed up.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
2dfx- I noticed you are 18...... Not many people 18yrs drive a deville, and I think its really cool...... You probably get all sorts of negative comments......

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Katshot said:
Don't make the same mistake so many other young kids make. Thinking that your "skills" are more important than "experience". There's junk yards full of what used to be nice cars, and grave yards full of what used to be nice kids, because some kid got behind the wheel and thought he knew what he was doing.
^^*Katshot's Dad impersonation* ^^

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
elwesso said:
Im gonna get the Q out on the road sometime and really open it up.. Im not a big fan of racing, since I dont want to get caught or get hurt (or hurting my car)......

I only have 1 time......... It was against my friend in his 96 cutlass supreme..... I can tell if anyone cares (it was more of Wes speeding than a race, there was some extreme wipeage)........

Who won? You or the Cutt Supreme??

*Unabashed Cutt Supreme Fan*

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Tell me who you think won...... The Q, of course....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
9 Participants
Blackout