Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
He seems VERY legit to me. Plus, he is selling a bunch for other vehicles as well. I read his feedbacks and they seem to be legit people with lots of good feedbacks.

That is a very good price too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Seems legit but its also very confusing and "in your face" the way he wrote the ad. From what I make of it, he is saying that it covers ALL GM cars and trucks from 98 to 05???! Let me know if it is indeed what he claims it is, I might pick one up myself.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I know the guy that wrote the software for that DVD.
I'll ask him if this guy is legit and let you know.

My guess is he got his hands on some copies of the quarterly DVD releases we get in case SI WEB is not available.
Each dealer gets 1 DVD each quarter as a backup in the event of some sort of Internet service loss.
We are not supposed to sell them on Ebay when we are done with them.
But... this person could be an authorized vendor.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
It should have everything from 98 up until it was published including all TSBs that go way... way back.

My friend didn't say whether or not this guy was legit, but word has been passed up the food chain so I am sure if he's doing something wrong it will catch up to him.

slk, can you describe what the disk label looks like or post a photo?
I am curious.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It should have everything from 98 up until it was published including all TSBs that go way... way back.

My friend didn't say whether or not this guy was legit, but word has been passed up the food chain so I am sure if he's doing something wrong it will catch up to him.

I am curious.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts

I am curious.
Damn I better grab one quick!

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Wonder if that is a generic disc with that GM stuff printed on the surface, or if thats the way they look when GM sends them out.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I'll check with my Shop Foreman, I think he keeps the copies.
it looks fairly legit except the text around the center is not printed on center.
I haven't seen the new discs for a while.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll check with my Shop Foreman, I think he keeps the copies.
it looks fairly legit except the text around the center is not printed on center.
I haven't seen the new discs for a while.
The back side doesn't look like a burned DVD normally does.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
That would be the question, yes.
He could have some sort of deal where he buys them from GM with permission to resell, I am not sure.
I see he sells manuals for other car makes too.
I haven't heard of GM marketing these DVDs though.
Of course that doesn't mean they don't.... sometimes I feel like I live in a cave.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts