Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RR tire was leaking down over night so I decided to take it in and check out the tire. Butler tire in Alpharetts GA was great. They found 2 nails in the RR. Both were in repairable spots. BUT one nail was 3 inches long and went into the tire at such an angle that the tip of the nail was wearing a hole in the sidewall. :mad: It was almost all the way through the side wall. So that tire was trash. my car has 6000 miles on the factory RUN-FLATS. So putting a new one on didn't make any sense so I had them put on 2 new Michelin Pilot's and kept the 1 good RUN-FLAT.
It has half the tread left and is in great shape. I know someone is going to be in the same boat and will need a spare Pirelli. I am going away from the run-flats so this one is up for grabs.
$200 sounds like a fair price.

Dan

·
Registered
Cadillac
49 Posts
What is the price of a new one?

Dan

I'm not sure what this goes on, but it seems high unless it is a custom directional tire, but I am just guessing.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS
754 Posts
The Goodyear in that size new is $217. There is a set of 2 used ones on eBay right now for $24.99 + shipping. Where would yours be shipping from? I'll PM you with my offer.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Goodyear in that size new is $217. There is a set of 2 used ones on eBay right now for $24.99 + shipping. Where would yours be shipping from? I'll PM you with my offer.
:eek: A goodyear what? F-1 GSD3? If so you will eat those up in 10k miles on this heavy of a car. Besides your car came with Pirelli Run-Flats so this sale will only be a good deal for someone that still has factory tires and only needs 1 so they don't have to buy a new set.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can find the Pirelli run-flats on Tire rack for $419 BUT they might not have them in stock. Most tire stores are selling them from $500 and up. Butler did a search and since the new BMW 745's and Benz cl's AMG are coming with the same tire they are now scarce. They are out there but it may take a little waiting to get it in. I did not have the luxury of waiting days or weeks for 1 tire to come in.

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
Well, it may be too late for you at this point, but the same thing happened on my car on the left rear. (I meant to post something about this and I forgot.)

I took it in to Discount Tire (where I normally get my tires) and they said that the Pirellis are not reparable. However, because Pirelli won't repair these tires, they have a program where they take care of their customers and will trade out your tire for free (minus labor) if it has a certain amount of tread left on it, and will prorate it after that. Mine had enough tread to qualify.

I had about 4500 miles on the car when this happened and I got a brand new tire for the $20 bucks Discount Tire charged me to mount and balance it. They had to order the tire in but it came in in only 2 days.

I will say that Pirelli doesn't seem to advertise this policy outright, but the manager at this store knows what the heck he's doing and looked it up in his records and found out what the replacement program was.

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS
754 Posts
I had one catch a nail a few months back. They told me that they could not repair it, but since they did not have that tire, or any other tire in that size, or anything close in the warehouse, or any other store in town, they decided to fix it. Since it was against policy to fix it, they refused to charge me for it or even write up a ticket. The tire has been fine ever since.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
Hold on a second. Are you saying that they are not suposed to plug these tires? I had nails in all 4 tires taken out and plugged a month ago. This was done at the dealer. Should they have refused to plug them and replaced the tires?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts