Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XT5
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed since it has gotten warm out that both of my front windows don't roll down completely. About a 1/2" is still sticking up. I know the rears only roll down about 2/3 of the way but I would think the fronts would roll down flush. Makes it kind of hard to hang the elbow out the window when you have glass digging you in the arm. Do yours do the same thing?

·
Registered
Cadillac '05 STS
89 Posts
yea...mine roll all the way down...take it to the dealer maybe something is jammed down in there...good luck!

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
I have noticed since it has gotten warm out that both of my front windows don't roll down completely. About a 1/2" is still sticking up. I know the rears only roll down about 2/3 of the way but I would think the fronts would roll down flush. Makes it kind of hard to hang the elbow out the window when you have glass digging you in the arm. Do yours do the same thing?
Hmmm... interesting. Mine have always done the same thing. When they are fully down, about 1/4 inch sticks up above the trim toward the rear. It is even on both sides so I thought that was by design.

I'd like them to go all the way down.

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts
I checked my 05 this morning and the passenger side sticks up about 1/2 inch but the drivers side goes all the way down flush. My driver door is a replacement since my neighbor backed into it last winter and crushed the front and rear doors. That's a whole nother thread about how the sheet metal on these cars is about as strong as an aluminum beer can.

·
Registered
'06 Northstar STS 1SG, PHP, ACC/HUD '06 Redline CTS-V, FG2
242 Posts
THE VOICE OF (self-styled) AUTHORITY: The front door glass should recede all the way, at least flush with the trim and rubber seals.

THE VOICE OF (self-styled) AUTHORITY doesn't know about the rears. His stop with about two inches of glass protruding above the trim. He will investigate further.

·
Registered
2018 XT5
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rears are easy to figure out. Just look at the shape of the rear door where it curves and you can see there isn't enough room for the glass to go all the way down. That is a problem with cars being smaller.
==================
THE VOICE OF (self-styled) AUTHORITY: The front door glass should recede all the way, at least flush with the trim and rubber seals.

THE VOICE OF (self-styled) AUTHORITY doesn't know about the rears. His stop with about two inches of glass protruding above the trim. He will investigate further.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 Lux, 2011 Escalade EXT Prem
283 Posts
Happened to me, dealer fixed on second trip. Passenger window would stick up 1/2 inch... not anymore.

·
Registered
'06 Northstar STS 1SG, PHP, ACC/HUD '06 Redline CTS-V, FG2
242 Posts
Rears are easy to figure out. Just look at the shape of the rear door where it curves and you can see there isn't enough room for the glass to go all the way down. That is a problem with cars being smaller.
:nono:
I've looked at my rear doors and think there's room for the glass to fully retract. I called the customer assistance center yesterday afternoon to ask if the rear door glass should go down all the way. The dude said he'll find out and call me back. "Film at 11:00" as they say.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The windows on the front doors are supposed to go all the way down. The window motor controls use current sensing circuitry to cut power to the motors when current draw reaches a preset limit. This is a safety feature in case something obstructs the window (like a hand or arm) during the "express-up" cycle. This circuitry is also the culprit preventing your windows from going all the way down. If the window develops too much friction in the track, the motor will cut off because it draws too much current. This is why it has happened in the warm weather. Either the glass has expanded enough to tighten it as it travels to the bottom of the track or the motor is failing and drawing too much current. The dealer should be able to adjust it for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts