Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since adding my Kooks + tune, I'm getting an alarming combination of rear squat and front lift on hard 1st gear acceleration. The steering becomes very light, and it feels like it wants to pull left on me (as if the body is twisting).

I just had a laser alignment done, so I know that's out. I suppose I just want to hear some other modded people say they noticed the same thing. Perhaps some stiffer rear springs are in order.....any thoughts gentlemen?

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts
Yeh, There is definately a left pull during hard ecceleration

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
The rear halfshafts are not equal length which adds to the "torque-steer" effect similar to a FWD car but at the rear for us. Yet another great design feature of the V....

If the powers to be would have made the Getrag case stronger on the RH side to counter-act the load between the pinion and the ring gears, guess what - the halfshafts would have been the same length and our diffs would live longer. Go figure...

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
My whole rear end steps out to the right, pointing me a little left, under really hard acceleration. I don't blame GM, I blame Rick (StealthV).

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
Does it look like this, if so you have lots of power and no problems. Click to make it bigger

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Be careful spending too much time on YTMND. Pretty soon you'll end up making sites in your spare time like me.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Damn Stk, how many bodies you got stashed in the trunk?

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
In the old days we used to put a lot of effort into getting front-end lift and rear-end squat out of muscle cars for drag racing. This included, for example, using 90/10 front shocks and 50/50 rear shocks such that the front end had lift-biased dampening and the rear end had neutral biased dampening.

In this case, IF the weight transfer is too much, then either stiffer springs or rear shocks could be used. However, "too much" weight transfer for a drag racing sedan is normally defined as too much traction to spin the tires at specific constant rpm launch levels. I doubt that you have too much traction.

Assuming one does not have too much traction, directional stability given a lot of existing front-end lift on sedans can be addressed by setting the front end alignment at the "lifted level" instead of the static level.

After all is said and done, a powerful sedan set up to launch well and steer straight for drag racing will not corner well at all.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Stk,

I CANNOT WAIT to see your pix after Doug does his magic....youre gonna need wheelie bars.... BTW, your car is beautiful, that engine bay is sweet.

F

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
Thanks, I can't wait to stop babying the rear

BTW 90/10 front, 50/50 rear (adjustable QA1's)

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Pics of the engine? You gots?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts