Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I must replace right front wheel hub (wheel bolt is broken). On Rockauto (and all other stores) they have wheel hubs for 1992-96 models and 09.1997 - 2001. My car was produced in may 1997 so I don't know which part should I buy, it's a bit confusing. Can someone give me a piece of advice in this, maybe OEM part number?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,900 Posts
Your car is a 1997 model year vehicle. It is a late model year 1997 - that year began in July 1996 and ended in June 1997.

Which car - Seville (and STS or SLS) or Eldorado (and ETC or ESC).

My Seville was built in February of 2002 so it's a "late" 2002 - that model year ended in June of 2002. Note that some "2021" vehicles are already available.

Reactions: M775

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It is Seville STS. I realised that one of those wheel hubs (97 - 04) have a small screw for the rotor. In my rotors there are no screws like this, so I think I have to buy part for 92-96 years.

This is 92-96:

And this is 97- 04:

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,867 Posts
It is Seville STS. I realised that one of those wheel hubs (97 - 04) have a small screw for the rotor. In my rotors there are no screws like this, so I think I have to buy part for 92-96 years.

This is 92-96:

And this is 97- 04:
=================
IF the production date is May 1997 -

the CORRECT front hub is ACDELCO 2017

ordering a hub for a 1996 model Seville IS a mistake -

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,900 Posts
Wheel bolts (lugs, studs) can be replaced easily. They press into the hub flange.

Note that one triangular hub flange has threaded holes, the other has smooth holes. The larger holes in the hub are used to insert and tighten the retainer flange bolts.

Get the correct hub assembly or replace the broken stud.

EDIT: What is the build date on the driver's door sticker ? Many EURO countries use the date of first registration as the "model year".

We have a Seville member in Germany that has a "2000" Seville but it was built in 1998 .............. bought and registered in 2000.

Reactions: M775

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your answers Basscatt and Submariner.

Wheel bolts (lugs, studs) can be replaced easily. They press into the hub flange.
Really? I thought they are not replaceable. I have to check if I can get bolts that fit my hub, it would be easier to change bolts only, bearing and ABS sensor are OK. This was a very helpful advice Submariner.

Note that one triangular hub flange has threaded holes, the other has smooth holes. The larger holes in the hub are used to insert and tighten the retainer flange bolts.

Exactly. I think if I would not be able to replace bolts only, I'll buy two different wheel hubs and after replacing appropriate one I'll return the wrong one to the shop.

What is the build date on the driver's door sticker? Many EURO countries use the date of first registration as the "model year".

We have a Seville member in Germany that has a "2000" Seville but it was built in 1998 .............. bought and registered in 2000.

Build date on the sticker is 05/97. First registration date is 06/98. In Poland we distinguish those 2 dates and both are listed in your car proof of registration and other car documents. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts