Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'05 SRX V8, '99 STS '05 Trailblazer '97 BMW 328ci
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front washer fluid does not work, although the rear does. I checked the two pumps and they are not leaking, I followed the line and it is not disconnected. I was wondering if there is a disconnect under the fabric heat - cover? Any advice on how to remove it?

·
Registered
SRX 07 V8
230 Posts
Hi
You say not leaking, I assume you hear the pumps actually working? Try to disconnect the line, maybe some debris got in and plugged it off, The pumps are really hard to get to. it could be the pump works bu the suction is plugged. here is one out of 05

(1) Washer Solvent Container
(2) Rear Window Washer Fluid Pump
(3) Windshield Washer Fluid Pump
(4) Headlamp Washer Fluid Pump (CE4)
(5) Washer Fluid Level Switch

----------

here is the routing

If you have to get to the line above the fire wall you need to remove

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you SRX93, diagram posted is very helpful and yes the headlamp washers work.

·
Registered
SRX 07 V8
230 Posts
I assumed you opened the hood and with key on you engaged the button for the W.washer and heard the motor run? If you find the problem be sure to post so it will help others troubleshoot

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do. Yes I checked it with the vehicle engaged, I'm going to have to go through the diagram in more detail and probably take the heat shield off. By the way, the left front used to work with a small stream but not at all now.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
Then I'd assume the line and / or nozzle is plugged.
You could probably swap lines with the headlamp washer pump to test it out (just have to have headlamps on when you spray for it to engage).

·
Registered
SRX 07 V8
230 Posts
Will do. Yes I checked it with the vehicle engaged, I'm going to have to go through the diagram in more detail and probably take the heat shield off. By the way, the left front used to work with a small stream but not at all now.
Vehicle engaged? I hope not motor running? I doubt all your nozzles are plugged but if you waxed the truck, they can get plugged. But start with the nearest point you can disengage the hose and test it, the pump is at the bottom of the tank so maybe the suction is plugged, if you do need to replace, clear a pump, its no easy task, you need to remove the wheel and inner fender liner

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The line burst under the heat shield. It has been a South Carolina car and we had a deep freeze and I'm assuming that is how it happened. (the washer fluid in it had no "anti-freeze" in the reservoir) Thank you all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts