Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'11 Cadillac Escalade
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front suspension on my truck seem really bouncy and I can also hear some squeaking when going over bumps, even just reversing out of my driveway.... I've had my 18 inch winter wheels on for the past few months and usually the ride is good.

I'm going into the dealer in a couple of days but just wanted to ask if suspension issues are covered by the bumper-to-bumper I would assume they are but wanted to check.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade and 2018 CTS-V
320 Posts
I had a front squeak that I attempted to have diagnosed by countless people to no avail. Came from the front right wheel area. No one could figure it out.

Well, recently my front right CV axle boot busted and the axle broke (broke the wheel hub, too). Well I got that fixed and now suddenly there is no squeak. I can only assume it's where the squeak was coming from.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also had a similar situation to you where I was getting squeaks in my front end, I went to the dealership and they diagnosed it as my front shocks were shot, unfortunately my B2B warranty did not cover shocks because it was a wearable part so I went online and bought new shocks OEM of course and replaced them
myself. Problem solved. There are so many components upfront it could be a shock or or like the other subscriber could be CV joint or something else. hopefully you can find someone who can find out exactly what it is.

----------

If your front shocks look greasy it could be from the fluid leaking out of the shock.

12,816 Posts
The front suspension on my truck seem really bouncy and I can also hear some squeaking when going over bumps, even just reversing out of my driveway.... I've had my 18 inch winter wheels on for the past few months and usually the ride is good.

I'm going into the dealer in a couple of days but just wanted to ask if suspension issues are covered by the bumper-to-bumper I would assume they are but wanted to check.

Hello fivepix,

Have you been to the dealership yet? I am glad to contact your involved dealership on your behalf to provide an additional layer of support on this situation. Feel free to send me a PM at your earliest convenience if this is of interest and I hope you have a great evening.

Regards,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
'11 Cadillac Escalade
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to my dealership they are going to fix it, they just have to wait for the parts to come in. It will be covered by the warranty so it's all good. I'll let you know what they replace when I talk to them next but I'm pretty sure it's the shocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts