Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Cts
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I notice that when I drive the steering wheel shakes or vibrates and I could hear grinding an rattling noise from the right front wheel espicially when turning. An also the faster I got the more it vibrates the car,so when I took the car to the tire shop to see if the rim was on good or if any nuts were coming loose. I notice that you can shake the wheel so I dont know if the tie rod needs to be tighten or if it is the wheel hub bearings gone but I know the wheel wobbles when you spin it, also I notice that it is even causing the brake caliber to wear down the rotor very fast because I can see the imprints. Does anyone can be able tell me the problem or have any solutions an thanks in advance God bless.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
sounds like the wheel hub has gone bad...but i would also have the tie rod looked at as well. smileydawg you must drive your car extremely hard, cause you always have the worse problems

·
Registered
Cadillac Cts
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well actually I bought the car used (80,000+) miles an I am trying to maintain it but it is very expensive. But what would be the worst happen driving it like that until I get it fixed?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT
1,062 Posts
Smiley, are you serious? You said that you can see and feel a loose in your wheel when shaking it! What is the worst that can happen? Your wheel will fell off during a turn and you will loose the control of the car and imagine the rest...

Your life depends on it, get it fixed ASAP!

Electrical glitches, sounds when going over bump, cracked windows etc can wait! Wheels, brakes, airbag... CANT!

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Smiley, do you still have those 20s on your CTS that are in your photo album? if so, what is the offset of your wheels? and do you have hubcentric rings on there as well?

·
Registered
Cadillac Cts
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I still have them on and I dont need hubcentric rings because they are 5x115. An I am not sure what the off set is but I will find out when I carry my car for them to fix my wheel hub because I am also goin to try put on 22`s next.

·
Registered
Cadillac Cts
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a next question I notice my Dic functions stop showing up on my nav screen for example like if i open the door, or even low fuel , trunk open, etc did I disable it in some way because I want it back to displaying those functions. If any one has any ideas let me know, I have the bose nav system.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
have you tried going thru your nav unit and seeing if you turned your DIC off?

·
Registered
Cadillac Cts
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thank God and you guys for your help I got the wheel bearing fixed, but I still have my DiC problem no warnings are coming up. Txbest I tried your way an check through it thoroghly but still couldnt fix it I may try taking the battery cables off for awhile to see if that helps, but if any one had this problem before you help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance an God be with u.

·
Registered
Cadillac Cts
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I disconnect the battery that resetted everything an my dic is now working an thanks for all your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts