Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Front splitter replacement instructions

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  PaulSch 
#1 ·
I’ve done a couple searches both here and elsewhere and haven’t seen any instructions for how to replace the front splitter. I’m going from an OEM
non-carbon package splitter to the weapon-x carbon fiber front splitter. I assume it is not too difficult but want to see if anyone has an insight before I get started. Thanks!

#2 ·
I got the weapon-x front splitter installed tonight! A couple tips for those looking to do the same for what worked on my 2017 sedan:

1. I was able to do this in my parking lot without jacking up my car. Just laid a towel down and used a socket wrench which doesn’t require much clearance.

2. Most of the screws from the original splitter could be removed with a T20 torx bit. These can be reused with the carbon fiber splitter although you don’t need all of them. There were two screws towards the front that required a 1/4” socket driver. I also used a plastic trim remover tool to help with the tabs on the original splitter towards the middle at the end of the removal process.

3. New splitter went on super easy. The tabs in the middle slide underneath the honeycomb grill as long as you gently work it in from side to side. Then just put the the screws back in the needed holes and you’re good to go. As others have mentioned, just don’t overtighten them as the carbon fiber can be susceptible to cracking.

I’ll be adding the side skirts, front splitter wheel arches, and hood vent from the carbon package as well in the near term. I also had all parts wrapped in ppf prior to installing.

Attachments

#5 ·
Yep, lots of small torx bolts to remove but no changes or cutting required. If you're adding the factory carbon splitter don't forget to also buy the 2x side air deflectors.

Watch out for steep parking lot entrances and be careful pulling up to curbs, the carbon splitter sticks out further and hangs lower than the non-carbon splitter... and the factory carbon splitter cracks rather easily even if lightly curbed and it's $1300 to replace. Ouch.

I really like the looks of the carbon splitter on these cars, but because of the fragility of it I'm running the $150 non-carbon front splitter even though it doesn't look quite as cool. I've never curbed or scraped the non-carbon splitter, but I know I'd end up scraping the carbon splitter on a steep parking lot entrance the first week I put it on, because that's how my luck works... :LOL:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.