Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I search our forum, and others, but can’t seem get a definitive answer to my issue.

Please chime in if you’ve successfully completed this, or know how to...not if you thinks it’s a bad idea or that you feel I’m an idiot for considering this mod.

Sick of my muddy front Bose soundstage and am replacing all front speakers.

My problem is all component sets (2ohm or not) have proprietary crossovers, and I’m not sir if it’s better to leave the new crossovers out and simply swap the speakers only, or run new wire and include the crossovers that come with the speakers.

Any advise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
696 Posts
Input, here, don't know if it is helpful...
I have another GM car with Bose and it is far worse. Others have changed the speakers with only minimal improvement, probably, up to the level of the SRX. In order to make an improvement, you would have to get involved and disconnect the bose amp, and take your low level line inputs and go to an after market pre-amp, then amp, then proper 4 ohm speakers. The center channel will be eliminated, and I remember that you already have a sub.

I'm sure this is why the previous poster wrote "good luck with that".

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks (honestly) for you help. I went through all of that with my last Infinti. PITA. And super expensive.

Was hoping, and thought I’d read here, that someone had dropped in high end 2 ohm replacements in the doors, pillars and center dash and noticed a considerable clarity improvement over the stock paper cone OE Bose drivers, but I never read any mention of the crossover quandary.

You’re thinking the direct swap improvement (if any) wouldn’t be worth the hassle without going all in again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
241 Posts
SRX no likey stuff like this. SRX going to hate you soon and feeling will likely be mutual. Used to be so simple, swapping out your speakers and head unit, but it's not 1975. Spend your audio money on a quality home/garage setup and leave your car alone. Like it or not, this is probably the best advice you're going to get. You're welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts