Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently I now need fro t shocks after I lowered the escalade.y question is, should I replace with oem shocks that have electronic ride control or spend less $ and get the kit that bypasses the ride control?

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
OEM in my opinion. If you were happy with the ride before. Amazon has them pretty cheep. Just make sure it is the Exact P/N. So many look identical but are different internals. Like the MRC vs. Electric damper.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2009 CTS-V and 2006 GTO
69 Posts
Mine is lowered with spindles front and springs rear, front struts were totally blown out !!! Spent the money and replaced them with the OEM electronics and rides like brand new! Couldn't be happier....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I think I will go oem. I just wondered if I'm wasting $ because lowering affects the ride quality anyways.

·
Registered
2010 ESV Platinum WDT
189 Posts
Up front the ride isn't as adversely affected as the rear is on a drop. Remember the spindle is keeping the shock at it's oem travel by only relocating the hub essentially. For that reason the ride is oem like up front. I'd stick with the oem shocks. You can get a very nice ride on a 2-3/4 drop.

·
Registered
'08 Esky
87 Posts
I just had my front shocks replaced with the arnott/bilstein kit and I couldnt be happier with my decision. I paid $365 dollars for both on fleabay and had a local mechanic slap them on for not much.I just finished making an 1800 mile trip and Im impressed.Im just curious about what shock is best on these trucks for lowered applications because sometimes OEM struts/shocks are meant for OEM ride height.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
memphisrep said:
I just had my front shocks replaced with the arnott/bilstein kit and I couldnt be happier with my decision. I paid $365 dollars for both on fleabay and had a local mechanic slap them on for not much.I just finished making an 1800 mile trip and Im impressed.Im just curious about what shock is best on these trucks for lowered applications because sometimes OEM struts/shocks are meant for OEM ride height.
I almost got those exact ones. I got the oem and I'll let u know how they do with the lowering kit.

·
Registered
07 Escalade ESV
16 Posts
Arnott - Bilstein all the way! Handle WAY better than OEM. If you lowered for looks stay with OEM, but if wanted to improve the handling, why would you want to keep the soft, plushy body roll plagued OEM shocks? The bilsteins have a little firmer ride, but more than make up for it in crisper handling and control, if you feel like driving it like you stole it every now and then. I replaced front and rear on my ESV to bilsteins and couldn't happier. Since then I installed Eibach springs and hotchkis fr. and rr. sway bars, along with Spohn performance rear upper and lower control arms and their panhard bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts