Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Are there any good front photos of the ground effects kit? I really want a nice looking front lip, but it seems the only nice one that flows with the body lines is the oem one made by Cadillac. (I don't like the D3 ones). The only photos I found of the front lip are small, and one was on a black car and it was hard to make out the lines http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-general-discussion-forum/301993-front-lip-chin-spoiler-i-see-2.html I would really like a straight on shot of the front bumper. Maybe someone has the kit, or knows of a better photo?

My next question is there are two kits on Cadillacs site here http://www.cadillacaccessories.com/en-US/ATS/2014/Accessories/Exterior/Ground Effects/

One says ground effects red with a cheaper price. The next one says ground effects for use with spoiler kit that is more expensive. Whats the difference? Some show 2014 only and others show 2013/2014.

Cadillacs accessory site really sucks. I imagine they make money from selling these items, so why wouldn't they spend a little money improving it?

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Well I found this photo

Me want. Now I just have to figure out the difference between the two kits and get a good price. I'm not a fan of the silver on the back so I would probably consider painting it or plastidipping it.

·
Registered
2014 ATS
68 Posts
Cadillac's 2014 Crimson Red Sport Edition has the ground effects.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/21/cadillac-ats-crimson-sport-edition-revealed/

Well I found this photo

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/qBR4Yc-fYCc/maxresdefault.jpg

Me want. Now I just have to figure out the difference between the two kits and get a good price. I'm not a fan of the silver on the back so I would probably consider painting it or plastidipping it.
Interesting picture, I thought Cadillac only made Crimson Red Sport Edition with the ground effects kit. This ATS is a 2014, you can tell by the Cadillac logo but its not Crimson Red.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Thanks! Did you do the install? I'm curious to see how everything attaches. Do you know which kit you ordered? Here there are two kits listed, and one is cheaper. http://www.cadillacaccessories.com/en-US/ATS/2014/Accessories/Exterior/Ground Effects/. One says for use with spoiler kit and the other does not mention it. I'm trying to find what the difference is between the two. If one includes a spoiler then that might make sense, but they worded it really weird.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
33 Posts
Thanks! Did you do the install? I'm curious to see how everything attaches. Do you know which kit you ordered?

Here there are two kits listed, and one is cheaper. http://www.cadillacaccessories.com/en-US/ATS/2014/Accessories/Exterior/Ground Effects/

One says for use with spoiler kit and the other does not mention it. I'm trying to find what the difference is between the two. If one includes a spoiler then that might make sense, but they worded it really weird.
The Crimson sport package came with the ground effects, exhaust, suede steering wheel/shifter and the CTS-V color and maybe a couple of other things for a $3900 factory option.

For the kits, I'm thinking the extra $600 "for use with spoiler" must have the rear wing. The other cheaper one is unpainted. You could try to call them or ask the parts guy at the dealership to find out. The dealership has the same info as on the website so they won't know unless they've happen to have ordered one. I asked about more details on the handling kit and they had no clue other than what the site said.

Better yet, call these guys: http://www.shopchevyparts.com/2014/ats-sedan-c-1650_2813_2814.html They don't have the lip on their site but they can get it for much less than the dealer will charge you. I'm getting my carbon fiber trim from them for $769.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Better yet, call these guys: http://www.shopchevyparts.com/2014/ats-sedan-c-1650_2813_2814.html They don't have the lip on their site but they can get it for much less than the dealer will charge you.

I'm getting my carbon fiber trim from them for $769
Thanks for suggesting them. I sent them a message to get prices and more info. Some sites when I search part numbers are showing the 2.5l engine but no photos, so I'm concerned the rear piece will only have one exhaust cut out. I stopped at my local dealer and they said there was 7 kits at the warehouse and all kits are made for the 2.0 to they will have both cutouts, but were quoting me full retail, which I wont pay for. Since I don't need the spoiler I will probably order the red kit and have it refinished.

As mentioned by turbine50 I have the crimson sport edition so all that came pre-installed.
I understand now. I'm new to Cadillacs and never heard of this edition before. The lip kit is perfect for this car and you can tell it is oem made. The D3 stuff looks too aftermarket for my tastes.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
33 Posts
why not pull the pieces and wrap them in carbon for 40$
I've recently seen some "carbon" wrap on interior and exterior trim on 2 cars at the custom shop that did my center caps. One was a black Camaro with velvet for a paint job, the other was a Scion. It looks very cheap and nothing like carbon fiber. Honestly, I wouldn't even put it in my Fiesta daily driver. Forget the beautiful Cadillac.
The OEM kit is a layer of real carbon fiber under gloss resin. Pricey, yes but it looks hi-tech classy rather than el-cheapo.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've recently seen some "carbon" wrap on interior and exterior trim on 2 cars at the custom shop that did my center caps. One was a black Camaro with velvet for a paint job, the other was a Scion. It looks very cheap and nothing like carbon fiber. Honestly, I wouldn't even put it in my Fiesta daily driver. Forget the beautiful Cadillac.
The OEM kit is a layer of real carbon fiber under gloss resin. Pricey, yes but it looks hi-tech classy rather than el-cheapo.
I just did mine with Carbon Fiber vinyl and love it. They make different brands, colors, glossiness, texture, etc... Some looks much better than others. Mine cost me $35-$40 and looks amazing. I get complimented all the time on it. I could not justify the cost difference between vinyl and the interior pieces.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,513 Posts
Pics?
I just did mine with Carbon Fiber vinyl and love it. They make different brands, colors, glossiness, texture, etc... Some looks much better than others. Mine cost me $35-$40 and looks amazing. I get complimented all the time on it. I could not justify the cost difference between vinyl and the interior pieces.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ever hear anything back from them?
They said the difference is the rear diffuser design. One is meant to compliment the spoiler better, which doesn't make any sense to me at all. Why would it cost so much more? When I'm ready to buy I will probably have the dealer order both kits and find out what the real difference is.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0 T
9 Posts
Thanks for suggesting them. I sent them a message to get prices and more info. Some sites when I search part numbers are showing the 2.5l engine but no photos, so I'm concerned the rear piece will only have one exhaust cut out. I stopped at my local dealer and they said there was 7 kits at the warehouse and all kits are made for the 2.0 to they will have both cutouts, but were quoting me full retail, which I wont pay for. Since I don't need the spoiler I will probably order the red kit and have it refinished.
I noticed on the www.cadillacaccessories.com link, it says it is only available for dual exhaust. Not sure if that info may help.

PS: For the packages that come painted cadillacaccessories.com, they mostly say red. My car is red obsession. Does that automatically match or does it have to be painted by the dealer?

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im stopping by a body shop to quote the price to paint. If it's not too bad, I will order the red kit and get it ready for new paint. I've been dying to get this ordered.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts