Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 2007 STS
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok awhile back the passenger side window stopped working. The window would not go down but it would go up which is a good thing I guess because it's closed. I don't have any codes and I couldn't find any fuses blown. I had this happen on my 2000 STS and the remedy was replacing the master switch. I tried it with this one and the window didn't move. Any ideas guys??? if it was the motor i don't think it would've went up and the master switch should work even if the switch on the passenger side was bad??

·
Registered
2007 CTS Sport 3.6
256 Posts
Mine does the same thing, except it will go down and not up from the pass switch. I can control it from the master switch though, I have yet to look at the fuses.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 2007 STS
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neither of mine are working. I even purchased another master switch put it in and every window worked but the front passenger. If the switch is bad on the passenger side would it stop the master switch from working?

·
Registered
2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition
606 Posts
depending on how much they are, it couldn't hurt to try it I suppose. Better yet, take one out of a working door and try it on the bad door so you don't have to buy one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts