Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'98 DeVille
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '98 that I inherited from my mom last May, 50K mi, the two previous owners were little silver haired ladies, well maintained.
No problems driving it last year.
I left it in my apartment parking lot for the Minnesota winter from Dec to March.
When I started driving it again, there is a minor thump, like when you are driving down a road w fairly regular spaced cracks, but not as bad and it seems to happen w every wheel rotation.
It's only noticeable at slow speeds, and I'm now noticing a subtle pulsing that sync's w the 'thump' when I'm going slow and braking easy for a stop sign.
I'd appreciate any experienced thoughts.
Thanks

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,268 Posts
I've got a '98 that I inherited from my mom last May, 50K mi, the two previous owners were little silver haired ladies, well maintained.
No problems driving it last year.
I left it in my apartment parking lot for the Minnesota winter from Dec to March.
When I started driving it again, there is a minor thump, like when you are driving down a road w fairly regular spaced cracks, but not as bad and it seems to happen w every wheel rotation.
It's only noticeable at slow speeds, and I'm now noticing a subtle pulsing that sync's w the 'thump' when I'm going slow and braking easy for a stop sign.
I'd appreciate any experienced thoughts.
Thanks
========================
two previous owners were little silver haired ladies, well maintained.
No problems driving it

I glad to hear the two little old ladies were well maintained -
and had no problem driving the car -

When I started driving it again,
there is a minor thump....................

and it seems to happen w every wheel rotation.

It's only noticeable at slow speeds,

and I'm now noticing a subtle pulsing
that sync's w the 'thump' when I'm going slow
and braking easy for a stop sign.
sounds like a separated tire -
have them all inspected -

1 - 2 of 2 Posts