Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 RHD 1998 Crimson Pearl STS 'W' 1969 Calais.
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as i thought things were looking good on the run up to my daughters birth my car decides to bite my ass.I replaced the original front mount with Anchor #3083 from Rockauto and 1 week later it gave out heading home in a hurry as the wife was in labour.On the motorway i floored it to get passed a few slow vehicles and heard a crack/thud and a judder so i eased it home and on inspection 2 days later (proud dad again) the bottom stud had sheared off at the base of the mount.So after a bit of head scratching i called rockauto and explained my problem and after 5 mins a new part was being shipped out to me along with a new power steering filter which also gave out the same day..:thumbsup:
Just wondered if anyone else has had this happen as it freaked me out thinking how easy this new part has failed.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
This is why we prefer to use AcDelco for all parts.
Congrats dad and glad you were ok, you could lose the wheel...

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 RHD 1998 Crimson Pearl STS 'W' 1969 Calais.
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just looked on Rockauto and for my 99 Vin 9 they only have the Anchor 2896
Thanks N*Caddy..(back to legal speed limits from now on),basically it was all i could find that would ship overseas,gonna have to buy the GM or similar part in the near future..;)
@ jcresciSTS...Look under transmission mounts for #3083,its not listed as a motor mount.

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Seville STS (November 2012, 183k)
968 Posts
Hmm...Front Left, Center & Rear are all under Trans Mounts but Front Right is under Motor, strange.

My car moves/"lifts up", feel a hard jerk, when changing from P/D/R/N and I know at least one mount is gone....only a visual inspection would tell me right?

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
74,505 Posts
Find a knowledgeable assistant. Pop the hood and have the assistant start up and place the stick in D while you watch the engine - from the side. Cautiously rev the engine to about 1,000 in D, holding the brake firmly. The engine will move from the torque load. Your trick is to find out where and how much it moves.

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Seville STS (November 2012, 183k)
968 Posts
Yeah, when getting my brake fluid changed a couple weeks ago at SpeeDee they had the hood open and I watched the engine when he changed from Park to Drive and my engine moved A LOT. Front to Back.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
That should tell you something, but still do the test as Sub mentioned.
More than 1' is not normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts