Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hate the front lip color, and i'm too cheap of a bastard to get it painted to match since I'll inevitably scrape it on some parking bumper or curb. I think I'm going to take a can of spray on bed liner (with the little rubber particles in it) and remove the lip and spray it down. I sprayed my entire riding mower this weekend and I'm actually very impressed with the quality. It matches the texture of the lip, and the color is closer to my raven black body. I don't need a perfect match, just black and since it's bed liner, it's quite durable. I've tried to scratch it and it just persists.

My main concern is the front clip is held on by like 30 clips! Why are there so many?

Anyways, I'm getting the rear valence painted to match since it's significanly larger and almost impossible to hit on a curb. I'll have them do it while they fix the rear bumper from the rear-end accident the other week.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 4
348 Posts
Good thinking. Is that stuff a little more "rubberized" so it flexes a little? That would make it an even better choice for the front lip, for when you do hit a curb, it won't crack.

·
Registered
14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it coats the surface in rubber beads with a similar texture to what the lip already has. I'm going to run the lawnmower around and see if it scratches, but so far it seems very durable and the color is very acceptable. My main thing is the front is really low and I have to pop out like 30 tabs to get it off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts