Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new 2004 CTS today. It has a front license plate bracket attatched to the front bumper. I can't figure out how to get rid of it. It looks like there are 4 mounting points. They are mounted with rivets that expand behind the bumper. I want to get rid of this thing. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone come up with a soloution for the holes in the bumper when you remove the Front license plate mounting housing.....??:rolleyes2

Morris

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Yup, it's riveted. You'll need to drill them out and you'll have ugly holes to fill. I've seen some plastic plugs on the V forum, but I think they're almost as ugly as having holes. There's nothing like a smooth bumper, if your state allows it. A body shop may be able to plastic weld the holes shut and repaint your bumper. It would run a few hundred bucks, though.

·
Registered
Prev: '05 CTS Base, '06 CTS Lux w/Sport - Current: '13 ATS4 Lux/2.0T, '13 SRX4 Perf
791 Posts
Just leave the bracket on and put on a custom license plate, it looks good to me :)

·
Registered
CTS
753 Posts
My car came without the front bracket, so no worries for me. I would say though, that I'd rather have 4 small holes in the bumper than the entire bracket. I even think that plugs would be a improvement over holes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts