Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:
Yesterday I took delivery of a 06 Black/black CTS I ordered (sports package, Bose) and it's absolutely great. I am considering an aftermarket grill and am interested in any views regarding any of these options:
1) OEM CTS-V mesh grill
2) Billet mesh grill
3) Auto Concept mesh grill
4) Auto Concept "Dual" Mesh grill

Also, are there any issues regarding the smaller grill under the main one for any of these?

Thanks for your opinions and I look forward to participating on this forum.
Peter

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
:welcome:to the Forum Peter :yup: :D

I take it you didn't get the new highly prized Sport Grill that the CTS just came out with. It looks different and is colored the body color. IMO the V designs loose the Stealth look of the CTS design. Some of have the V front bumpers with the grill painted the body color. Here's my black CTS and another one. I plan to replace the grill with the new sports grill.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did get the Sport grill and it looks pretty good - body color horizontal bars (black) with chrome mesh behind it. I'm going to live with it for a while and I may or may not change it.
Peter

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
goldstar said:
I did get the Sport grill and it looks pretty good - body color horizontal bars (black) with chrome mesh behind it. I'm going to live with it for a while and I may or may not change it.
Peter
PETE YOU COULD SELL IT HERE IN A MINUTE. LET ME BE THE FIRST IN LINE TO BUY IT PLEASE. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR? E-MAIL ME @ [email protected]

·
Registered
340 Posts
goldstar, I have an almost brand new CTS-V mesh grille, and a brand new CTS Stock grille, if you are interested in either for a trade for your black sports grille

·
Registered
199 Posts
RobertCTS said:
:welcome:to the Forum Peter :yup: :D

I take it you didn't get the new highly prized Sport Grill that the CTS just came out with. It looks different and is colored the body color. IMO the V designs loose the Stealth look of the CTS design. Some of have the V front bumpers with the grill painted the body color. Here's my black CTS and another one. I plan to replace the grill with the new sports grill.

RobertCTS,

If you happen to procure your "Sport Grille", I would be more than willing to take your current setup (stock grille painted black) off your hands. Just name your price. And hey, thanks so much for the eyelids! You're a dude!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
CTS V6 3.6 said:
goldstar, I have an almost brand new CTS-V mesh grille, and a brand new CTS Stock grille, if you are interested in either for a trade for your black sports grille
You're 2nd in line. CTS V6 3.6 :yup:

Goldstar,
Your grill from www,gmparts direct is worth $259. I would give you that if you ship it to me. That's more than enough for a new V grill. If your smart though Pete, you'll keep it. See how anxious the buyers are.:D I already have an offer for my grill.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
CTS V6 3.6 said:
Robert, didnt you buy a can of spray paint and spray your stock grille yourself?
I've done two grills guys. The 1st was a budget using Krylon Fusion Spray for outside plastic. Worked good. Then I did the side skirts and redid the grill at the body shop. You keeping up with me?:D Know I want the sport grill so we start over again...keepin' up?:confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts