Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folk

Has anyone tackled the front end bushings ect....on a 1987 brougham? Im wondering if its the kind of job I want to get into, or just have it done.

Opinions?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Are you talking about all of the bushings? sway bar bushings, A-frame bushings, and strut bushings? Its actually not that hard, on most cars. I have never done it on a 1987 brougham before. Just make sure you get a front end alignment after your done.

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
depends what you are talking about...

sway bar bushings, easy...

if you get into the A-arm bushings... well, that is rather hard, basically the whole front end has to come off, alot of things need to be pressed into place, and when you are that far, upper and lower ball joints get changed, tie rods, shocks etc... basically everything.

it depends how good you are with cars, the A-arm bushings on my '79 DeVille are cracked, but I will replace those, and everything else in the front end when I do the 500 engine swap, for now, she is very tight for a 27 year old car.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys

I read over my manual. It does look like the whole front end would need to be done while your in it.
I've got wear on the inside edges of my tires. Was thinking of a camber kit.

Later

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
A lot of times if you have wear on the inside edges of your tires it means that the "toe" is wrong.

from the top your tires would be pointing like this;

\_\......../_/ <---front tires

.l..l.......l..l <---back tires

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
krashed

Thanks.....I think I will look into the toe first. The car does pull a little to the side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
johndfw