Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 DeVille DTS
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 98 STS up on stands and found the bearings and tie rods could use replacing on both sides. At 127K miles, the shimmy is also getting quite distracting.

While I'm at it, I'll go with better rotors and pads, too. I've previously looked those up but never did the upgrade.

So, I'm looking for parts recommendations for the brakes, and also wondering about the bearings, whether autozone is ok or does the oem offer something preferable?

I'll have the tie-rods done in the shop since I'll need an alignment anyways. Any other comments or ideas about the bearing / brake labor would be welcome.

Thanks
KD in NH

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
best price on oem parts is from brasington motors: http://www.gmotors.com/, just call them, very helpful over the phone and tell them you saw them on the internet, shipping isn't bad either...

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
If you do not mind having non factory parts on your car, get the bearings from Ebay. They are Timken bearings. I am almost certain that the factory bearings are Timkens, with GM part numbers on them. When I changed mine, the Timken looked identical to the factory, although the wheel sensor was a different color.

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts