I have a 2000 deville with 170,000
i have replaced
control arms with ball joints
tie rod ends
sway bar links
springs and shocks all the way around
front wheel hubs
power steering hose

when doing the power steering is there a way to bleed the line or do not have to?

now i have a wobble or vibration at 60 to 75 mph it goes away when i accelerate the tires are good still now when i turn i notice a little bit of a ratchet feel to the wheel so i am thinking inner tie rods or am i looking at a rack and pinion any help would be appreciated

#2 ·
Re: front end wobble

As far as bleeding the PS system, manufacturer's procedures were usually to take the weight off of the front wheels and then, engine off, turn them lock to lock a few times. Not sure if they've changed recommendations at all, but I don't see why they would.

That said, if you've driven the vehicle some, the PS system has already bled itself through use.

How do you know that it's not the tires?

#5 ·
i will double check the tires i have a second set that are new so i will put them on and see how it rides the ride was smooth for around 8000 miles after all the work was done it was aligned and the alignment is still good something just feels funny in the steering it feels like there is some play but i cant figure where i was checking the front end for the 3rd time this week end and when the wheel is turned all the way to either side i have a lot of slop or movement if i straighten the wheel no play thanks for the help

#7 ·
if i turn fully to the right and check the passenger side the wheel moves in and out quite a bit but the driver side does not but when i turn fully to the left the diver side has play and the pass side does not i am thinking i should have no play i still have to check the tire by putting a different set on and test drive

#12 ·
Same problem here! Well actually my problem is when i hit the brakes, my left front tire looks like its slightly turning inwards as if you were turning right. then when you let off the brake it releases and returns to normal position. All new front end parts / alignment. I'm thinking its the inner tie rods. Slop between 9 & 3.
New struts
Tie rod ends
Control arms w/ball joints.
Hub / bearings.

#16 · (Edited)
Believe it or not they were purchased in FEB 2012. dorman is the maker. Now the right side is showing similar signs.....
BTW the picture is of the factory part for reference only. I would have assumed the bushings as well but considering new control arms, I wouldn't have even began to think it was the problem. I'll never again buy Dorman parts. Sure they are cheap but is it worth it? Not in my case. You get what you pay for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.