Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you turn your radio off and then drive into your garage and assuming there is a minor raised lip to the entrance, the CTS does noticeably creak and groan as you go over the short lip/bump. Anyone notice these noises and do you consider them normal?

·
Registered
2014 CTS 2.0T AWD Premium (Phantom Grey/Morello Red)
43 Posts
My car also has some squeaks and rattles too when I go over bumps, but it's coming from the back seats. I can't figure out where, and it's probably best to have someone sitting in the front or rear to listen for it.

·
Registered
1994 Eldo TC, 1998 ETC, 1998 STS, 2014 CTS, 2016 CTS, 2017 CTS Premium AWD
387 Posts
I actually noticed this for the first time a week or so ago. It is coming from the left front strut assembly, it seems. Dealership heard it. Couldn't see anything physically wrong, but are today replacing the whole assembly and strut. We shall see. Unclear if it is the same noise you are describing, but this is something that was not previously happening on my car.

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
497 Posts
I haven't had it on this car, but my previous CTS and a couple of Corvettes have done it, it was the sway bar bushings. After they were lubed/replaced it went away.

·
Registered
NONE RIGHT NOW
34 Posts
To the OP, if you listen closely do you also hear creaking or rubbing when you turn your wheel? Only reason I ask is because I experienced a little noise of this nature (along with a creak over bumps), took it in, and they replaced a left side control arm bushing. All told it was about an hour labor time and the car has been noise-free ever since.

·
Registered
14' CTS 3.6
41 Posts
I haven't heard this sound...yet, however I have been hearing some kind of rattle from the right front strut area on the highway. I plan on having it looked at next oil change.

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Sport, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1972 Pontiac
342 Posts
Hey, I had this and correctly told the story dealer it was the ball joint bushing in the lower rear link arm. They don't have control arms,they have two independent link bars, forward and rear. It's one assembly they have to replace. Ball joint is integrated in bar. Fixed it. No more sound.

·
Registered
Cadillac
122 Posts
These cars are new forgod's sake and the suspensions have all these issues already!
Mine has been good but I wonder how they will age.?

·
Registered
CTS Coupe 2014
21 Posts
Yup, i hear this noise when i come out of the garage down a slanting driveway and have the wheel turned. When i hit the road the noise is very clear and i wondered what is was. Now is makes sense that the suspension is making noise. Will take it in next week when i have the recalled electronic frame module replaced. Just trying to figure out how to recreate it for the dealer to hear.

·
Registered
CTS
6 Posts
Yup, i hear this noise when i come out of the garage down a slanting driveway and have the wheel turned. When i hit the road the noise is very clear and i wondered what is was. Now is makes sense that the suspension is making noise. Will take it in next week when i have the recalled electronic frame module replaced. Just trying to figure out how to recreate it for the dealer to hear.
What did the dealer find? I have a "squeak" or "creak" noise that sounds like it's coming from the right front during significant suspension/strut travel - no noise over small bumps.

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Sport, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1972 Pontiac
342 Posts
Ball joint in lower link was cracked. Replaced lower link bar and all good.

----------

Oh, and I recreated it at dealer by driving over the speed bumps in there parking lot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts