Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 ETC
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 ETC, When I step on the gas from a stop I am getting a clucking/knock sound that appears to be coming for the drivers side wheel well. I hear/feel it when I go over large bumps, like railroad tracks. Could this be swaybar links and and bushings and if so is there a way to test for sure. Any help or suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
There's a couple different things it could be. Bad end links, tie rod ends, ball joints, or a shock mount. Easiest way to tell is to get under the car and start pulling/pushing on each component, which ever has play in it, is the culprit.

·
Registered
94 ETC
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dog Bones were my first thought and I replaced them but to no avail. It's weird I had the front tire off the other day and was yanking on the links but there was not much play. Car was only up on the supplied jack so I didn't want to yank too hard. The knock is hear also when I shift from park to reverse or drive. When I hit the gas from a stop, and sometimes when I take turns, or go over bumps. It's driving me nuts, and I just want to find the problem and fix it, so fustrating!

·
Registered
1993 ETC, in Windsor, Ont.
301 Posts
Don't forget the inner or outer tie rod ends!

Easy way to find that is to be at a stop, and violently whip the wheel back and forth, and see if you can reproduce the clunk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts