Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Escalade EXT

There is a slight wine noise coming in the front of the car while driving between 80 - 100 Km ... Only when pressing the throttle pedal ... the sound disappears when i lift my foot from the pedal.

checked my front diff and everything was fine.

i was told there are some additives for rear or front Diff.

Any idea ?

Regards

·
Registered
Cadillac
233 Posts
First make sure you are using the correct synthetic gear oil. There are several good additives available - I use a Barry Grant product made for differentials. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that any additive will eliminate the gear wine although it may help. My 03 has wined forever and was rebuilt two time at about 40K miles - now at 126K mikes. It's kind of just the nature of the beast with a diff right in front of you - if you listened in the back over the rear diff you would probably hear a similar wine. Mine is the opposite, quiet under load but wines when letting off. More so with the front diff, it is almost impossible the have both the back and front of ring gear teeth align perfectly with pinion gear teeth - one or the other will be off a tiny bit and cause the wine.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade Base Black
248 Posts
I replaced the front and rear diff fluid with severe gear from amsoil and it didn't make the noise go away either. It sounds like a truck...only on acceleration for me too.

·
Registered
Cadillac
233 Posts
Two possibilities for not hearing the whine two years ago. It wasn't there - the gears and bearings do wear over time causing a tiny bit of extra clearance and/or alignment change. Also my gear whine went away (I thought) as my factory OEM 18" tires wore, and got noisier. New upgrade Bridgestones made the tires completely silent and there's that gear whine back - never went anywhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts