Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just informed by Cadillac that my from camera will come on if I am within 12" of an object and going less than 6 MPH, as in parking.

my only way so far to get front camera to activate was to STOP, SHIFT TO REVERSE, SHIFT BACK TO DRIVE
and the front camera and the surround camera will activate.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
I notice that if I drive straight into my garage my front camera will not activate but if I swerve in at an angle the front camera will active. My impression is that something off to the side has to be noticed and picked up before the camera will active.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,753 Posts
The front camera activating without putting in reverse only happened to me ONCE and couldn't replicate it anymore. Maybe some trick should do it? Although the OM says you have to put it in reverse and/or if it's less than 5mph?

·
Registered
15 Escalade Plat SC, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 Range Rover SC
679 Posts
My buddy claims his activates when he pulls into his garage. I've had it come on one time going through a drive thru, but typically I just put it into reverse and back into drive to enable it.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is truly activated only when 12 inches away from an object.
I really do not like to get that close to something.
I only had it activate once.
I try to remember to STOP. put it in REVERSE, then shift back to DRIVE when pulling into my concrete parking space.
I have added some colorful chalk lines to my garage floor and wall to mark the separation between the concrete wall and concrete floor in my garages.
the cameras only show a grey concrete field and i can not differentiate between the wall and floor on the image. the bright colorful child line helps.

I may get some colorful paint or strips.
I will look for a number 20' roll of bright orange or pink, something to be picked up by the surround cameras.
any ideas where I can buy 2" to 6" wide rolls that I can place on a concrete floor or wall.

I found this on Amazon:
Product Details
Tape Logic T9874FP3PK Gaffers Tape, 11 mil Thick, 50 yds Length x 2" Width, Fluorescent pink (Case of 3)
by Tape Logic
$176.77 was $289.15
More Buying Choices
$174.37 new(6 offers)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts