Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2021 Escalade Sport Platinum
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if this has happened to anyone else. The front camera on my ‘21 Sport Platinum is suddenly only pointing downward. The view used to be more straight ahead, I use the front camera to exit my alleyway because I can see on the camera if anyone was walking past on the sidewalk before I could actually see it myself through the window. Now I see the front bumper and the pavement straight below. Has anyone had this happen? Maybe the camera system needs to be rebooted somehow? I’m adding this to the list of frustrating gremlins that have no explanation, aggravating.
Automotive mirror Vehicle Display device Auto part Tints and shades

· Registered
2022 Escalade ESV Sport Platinum - Supercruise, Night Vision, Power Running Boards, Onyx
127 Posts
That is how mine always looked when on the view you are showing. The Augmented Reality view on the instrument cluster uses the windshield mounted camera which is much more forward facing. The camera view you show has always used the grill mounted camera which points more down at the ground. I am in a 2022 though so idk if that matters.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, it's more zoomed in or more angled downward than I am used to, which is why it stuck out to me. Can anyone else with a 2021 post a pic of their front camera?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here’s my rear camera view, looks much more normal and what I remember the front one looking like. Thanks for the photo above. Next question is how this can be fixed, I was hoping there was some kind of reset I could do at home but if no one has any ideas I’ll be taking it back to the dealership. A minor issue I know but like many of the issues we all post about, on a vehicle like this it’s nice when everything works the way it should.
Automotive mirror Gadget Asphalt Vehicle door Display device

13,028 Posts
Here’s my rear camera view, looks much more normal and what I remember the front one looking like. Thanks for the photo above. Next question is how this can be fixed, I was hoping there was some kind of reset I could do at home but if no one has any ideas I’ll be taking it back to the dealership. A minor issue I know but like many of the issues we all post about, on a vehicle like this it’s nice when everything works the way it should. View attachment 627294
This is certainly not what we like to hear, RinkWarrior8. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2021 Escalade Sport Platinum. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: RinkWarrior8/Cadillac Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

· Registered
3 Posts
I had this happen on my 2014 Corvette. Turns out I must have bumped the camera lens when washing the car. When I noticed the camera angle was weird I went back to the lens and gently pressed it back into place. It kind of snapped back in to its normal position and I haven't had a problem since. I would give that a try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts