Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I recently installed a T-Rex grille (51181) on my 2016 Escalade. The fitment seems to be good, but the front camera seems to be angled up slightly more than before. It looks to be installed correctly, and everything was tightened as per the instructions. However, the image captured by the front camera is definitely higher than before. Same thing for the top-down view - it is distorted compared to the view I was getting with the OEM grill.

I reached out to the manufacturer, and they advised that there aren't any adjustable components in the grill itself, and they haven't heard of any problems with the camera angle. Anyhow, I've attached a few pics...hopefullythey help provide some context. Any suggestions on how to get the camera lens angled down a bit?

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've thought about trying to wedge something up above the lens, to get it tilted downward a bit. It's mounted with two screws on the inside of the grill. There are bushings installed on those screws...perhaps shorter bushings would change the angle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.