Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting the above information shortly after starting the car. Since receiving this message, Auto dimming of the Headlights can be activated, Lane departure will not activate and Forward collision detection won't activate. Are all these subsystems dependent on the forward camera or do I have a multitude of issues all occurring simultaneously?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does not appear to be an issue of a dirty Windshield as I had the car over to Delta Sonic this afternoon and the message still apeared.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a follow on to this subject, I called two different dealerships and posed the same question in my original post to the Answering "Service Manager". Both commented that they would have hook the car to their diagnostic machine. I asked Should I bring the car in as I am concerned if these anomalies are separate instances, I can be concerned with what is going on that various things are beginning to failing in my vehicle. I said "Is there no one within Cadillac that could verify the Front Camera provides information to these other systems?" To that they both said that they would get back to me. That was four days ago. Some way to treat a customer with no call back. What happened to "Service" in the title "Service Manager"?

·
Registered
716 Posts
First of all you need to get the car into the service department and tell them everything that is going on and let them take it from there.
The forward camera is in the front grill below the Cadillac emblem so you might want to check it to make certain that the lens is clean.
Since you have multiple things going on you could try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery to see if this clear things up but doing so may require resetting your radio settings and a few other things.
You could also contact OnStar and see if they see any diagnostic codes that may be showing for this issue.
You really cannot get much done by discussing your issue over the phone with the service department as they really need to see the car. If you do contact Cadillac Customer Service they are going to ask if you have taken the car in to service for these issues.
A malfunction might be the cause of one of the issues, but it sounds like you have a combination of things going on that are not necessarily related. To get the answer to your question the service manager probably had to call Cadillac Tech Support which can often times take a few days.
The sooner you get the car into the dealership the better.

Good Luck and may the Force be with you:)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Auto dimming of the Headlights can be activated, Lane departure will not activate and Forward collision detection won't activate. Are all these subsystems dependent on the forward camera or do I have a multitude of issues all occurring simultaneously?
Yes, all these need the camera to work. And I assume you mean auto dim headlights can'T be activated. Intellibeam needs to 'see' oncoming headlights and head-of-you tail lights in order to decide to switch hi or low - uses camera feed. Lane departure uses camera feed to 'see' the lane markings. Collision detection uses combo of camera, radar module, and park sensors for info.

Max

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had same alert this weekend on my 2019 CT6, "Front camera system needs service". I removed the memory card from the Event Data Recorder slot in the trunk and now the cameras all work fine.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The front view camera is mounted on the windshield by the rearview mirror and within that camera is a optical sensor that the intellibeam system uses.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The front view camera is mounted on the windshield by the rearview mirror and within that camera is a optical sensor that the intellibeam system uses.
I am not sure where you got this information but it is definitely not correct for a 2018 CT6. I had the service manager show me what they fixed and he definitely showed me the camera in the front grill. I did, as everyone can see, and took The car back to my dealer. They ordered a new camera module(?) and replaced it about three weeks ago. Every thing is now shipshape again. Again not really knowing what kicks things off in this vehicle, after the replacement, while going down the road it picked up a person waiting for a bus as a pedestrian. It picked up another individual as a pedestrian but don't remember the circumstances. Besides these two encounters I have never been advised of a pedestrian near the car. This car is full of interesting adventures.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am not sure where you got this information but it is definitely not correct for a 2018 CT6. I had the service manager show me what they fixed and he definitely showed me the camera in the front grill. I did, as everyone can see, and took The car back to my dealer. They ordered a new camera module(?) and replaced it about three weeks ago. Every thing is now shipshape again. Again not really knowing what kicks things off in this vehicle, after the replacement, while going down the road it picked up a person waiting for a bus as a pedestrian. It picked up another individual as a pedestrian but don't remember the circumstances. Besides these two encounters I have never been advised of a pedestrian near the car. This car is full of interesting adventures.
Someone was referring to intellibeam so I said the location of that CAMERA and what it uses to operate the auto high beams. The camera in the grill is only used for park assist and or video recorder.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am getting the above information shortly after starting the car. Since receiving this message, Auto dimming of the Headlights can be activated, Lane departure will not activate and Forward collision detection won't activate. Are all these subsystems dependent on the forward camera or do I have a multitude of issues all occurring simultaneously?
Someone was referring to intellibeam so I said the location of that CAMERA and what it uses to operate the auto high beams. The camera in the grill is only used for park assist and or video recorder.
After reading your first post again they definitely replaced the wrong part. I dont know where you are getting your information from. Oh, yes I do. A service manager whom knows nothing about how this system works....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts