Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Black Cherry CTS4 - FE2, J55
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

i am trying to replace a part on my front bumper the part is identified below, it is the gray part below the painted bumper and above the black rubber part.

This is the diagram of the front bumper assembly:

Is the part that I need number 15 or number 17? Number 15 is identified as "Lower Cover" and number 17 is identified as "Air deflector"

Thanks in advance,
Mark

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody for the info. I just ordered from gmpartdirect. When I saw 45.00 for shipping I decided to call my local dealer just to see, he said he had one in stock and it was 163.20. I ordered form gmpartdirect, total cost 140.00, still less than the dealer.

Mark

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
gmpartsdirect shipping is outrageous. Avoid them. They have great prices, but they are misleading because they screw you with their shipping/handling charge. You could have gotten it from GM Parts House (Gene Culley) for $119.22 and $11.68 for UPS shipping. Total of $130.90.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Any time I need a part I call Luke at Lindsay Cadillac. He's a supporting vendor and goes out of his way to help forum members.

·
Registered
DTS 2008
5 Posts
All,
It looks like somebody can answer my question. I just bought a pre-owned 2008 DTS and on the ighway the gravel guard, mounted under the front bumper came lose on the passenger side. A schematic would help identifying the guard plate and mounting hardware. It looks like most of the mounting hardware to old this plastic part in place is missing and some of the plastic place retainer holes are ripped.
Any help identifying the parts or providing a schematic would help.
I hate to drive on the highway with Gorilla Tape holding this part in place.
Need help fast.
Rolof

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
91 Posts
All,
It looks like somebody can answer my question. I just bought a pre-owned 2008 DTS and on the ighway the gravel guard, mounted under the front bumper came lose on the passenger side. A schematic would help identifying the guard plate and mounting hardware. It looks like most of the mounting hardware to old this plastic part in place is missing and some of the plastic place retainer holes are ripped.
Any help identifying the parts or providing a schematic would help.
I hate to drive on the highway with Gorilla Tape holding this part in place.
Need help fast.
Rolof
Here's the schematic. Looks like you need part #21:

MSRP: $122.63
GMPartsDirect: $75.24

(You should also check out Gene Culley. GMPartsDirect shipping charges are pretty high)

·
Registered
'08 CTS Black Raven/Ebony 3.6DI FE2 6-speed manual
149 Posts
Stupid curbs :banghead:

Thanks for the info.

-Mark
I hear that! One suggestion - given the texture of the piece already, assuming you have the stock black plastic, very fine grit sand paper in a random motion and some black shoe polish works wonders...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear that! One suggestion - given the texture of the piece already, assuming you have the stock black plastic, very fine grit sand paper in a random motion and some black shoe polish works wonders...
My replacement part just arrived but I'll keep the old one and try this in case I ever need it again...but I must say after doing this the first time I now back into parking spaces.

-Mark

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS Sport Sedan
4 Posts
Found this thread with search...bumping it.

I've had my 2012 CTS for 2 weeks and this part is somehow already scraped. No idea how it happened. I've been very careful when parking, I never pull over curbs, and I didn't feel or hear anything that would indicate I caused this. Very frustrating.

I would just sandpaper and shoe-polish it but it's not the scrape that bothers me, it's the fact that the plastic is now bent down and it stands out when you compare it to the other side of the part. I can't seem to bend it back in shape.

My question is - if I buy the replacement part (it's called "Lower Cover"), how difficult would this be to replace myself (being a novice car guy)? Does anyone have instructions how to do it? Conversely, if I don't buy the part and just take it to the Cadillac Body Shop, how much would this run me?

Thanks

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,687 Posts
Take it to your Caddy body shop - or any body shop - and ask for an estimate. That is the easiest way to find out what it will cost you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts