Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down the interstate when I heard a scraping noise and as I slowed down, a thumping noise. I pulled over and the plastic piece underneath the front bumper was hanging and dragging. I tried pushing it back in place, but it continued to hang. Is it something that needs to be there or can I just have it removed? I don't know it's purpose, but it doesn't seem to be serving a purpose.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >137k miles
994 Posts
Are you referring to the bottom engine shield? If so, I highly recommend replacing it. I went a few years without, only to have my power steering line catch a stone.

·
Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
818 Posts
Don't know if replacing is really necessary. Mine was loose and hanging a little. I just drilled holes and used some push trees and it is fine. If your's is damaged, maybe you will have to replace it. I looked for a long time at JY's and most were missing. Repairing is working good so far. Definitely pretty flimsy and calling them a Cadillac (as I remember) is a stretch.

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you referring to the bottom engine shield? If so, I highly recommend replacing it. I went a few years without, only to have my power steering line catch a stone.
Thanks for the advice. I went and had it repaired. There were some pins missing that caused it to come down

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >137k miles
994 Posts
I'm glad you were able to get it repaired (mine was beyond repair when I removed it). If it gives you trouble in the future, definitely check amazon and other aftermarket sources for compatible with GM part #‎25763401. I bought mine from Advance Auto for about $25.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I believe this is the right part:

$29 at Rock Auto

R
Excellent, I won't be repairing anymore. For $29 it's a no brainer. If fact, the next time Iook under there, if that piece doesn't look good, I will be ordering a new one from Rock Auto.

Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
2005 CTS 2.8L
460 Posts
You might want to check the cost of shipping to your area.. Shipped to me was 44 something dollars and with tax it all came out to $80.. I did not buy it but I found it cheaper at summit and you will have to go and see what the shipping costs for you will be. A lot of times if you buy $99 or more shipping is free But it does say oversize charge of $9.99.

Roy

·
Registered
818 Posts
You might want to check the cost of shipping to your area.. Shipped to me was 44 something dollars and with tax it all came out to $80.. I did not buy it but I found it cheaper at summit and you will have to go and see what the shipping costs for you will be. A lot of times if you buy $99 or more shipping is free But it does say oversize charge of $9.99.

Roy
More good info.

thanks Roy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts