Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to fix the front bumper when it doesn't meet up correctly with the fender as it wraps around to the tire? I have a 2008 CTS. Thanks.

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
I've never seen one like this (both sides?). Has it had repairs in it's history? From the pix, it looks like a poor attempt to repair it.

Marv

·
Registered
2008 CTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No repairs that I know of. I've had since 2012. Its only the one side. It likes like there's a slot for a clip. I was hoping someone had dealt with this before.

·
Registered
2009 CTS
197 Posts
Mine is like that after a driving light change its a bar type bracket with I beleave a 10mm bolt and you have to line it up right and tighten it easy to do on hoist not so easy on the ground

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 LY7
285 Posts
My '09 has the same issue. I bought it used, think it had some fender-bender repairs. Can you elaborate on the '10 mm bolt'. Is this the one in the wheel well that is removed to drop the bumper?

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,337 Posts
Can also be the result of a careless technician after replacing a headlight bulb. The bolt is the one used to drop the bumper. I'd try removing that bolt, then realigning the bumper. If I recall, there are 1 or more tabs under there that this should align to.

·
Registered
CTS 2008 3.6DI Sport Luxury
1,027 Posts
I have the same issue on the same side. I can move it to the correct position but it comes back after ride. My mechanic, who is good in such things said I can do nothing, because bumper is distorted.

·
Registered
'08 CTS Black Raven/Ebony 3.6DI FE2 6-speed manual
149 Posts
mine is the same - dealer said there is nothing that can be done - mine is 08 also....
Same with the '08 I had, arrived from the factory like that. I wouldn't worry about that particular issue meaning front end damage per se....

·
Registered
'09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium
268 Posts
Re: Front Bumper Misalignment - Something CAN be done!

For all those service advisors that say "... nothing can be done", tell 'em there IS a fix! I had the same issue with my '09 and thanks to THIS THREAD DISCUSSION entitled "Front bumber doesn't clip". As you'll see, I posted a photo almost identical to the one on this thread. Thanks to this thread, myself and the others were able to get the bumper to stay where it should and align with the fender.

To sum up, there is a reinforced replacement bracket that solves the problem ... the parts numbers being 25923848 and 25923849. Should be a free fix cuz it was a factory related problem on the early ('08 and '09 especially) CTS.

Hope this helps ...

·
Premium Member
'11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package
1,547 Posts
Had the same problem on my 2008 CTS. It was missing a clip that holds the two parts of the bumper together. Dealer had to order a clip, but ordered the wrong one (apparently there's a difference between the left side and right side clips). I recall reading a few posts from other 2008 owners who had the same problem. Easy fix – if the dealer orders the right part.

·
Registered
'09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium
268 Posts
Had the same problem on my 2008 CTS. It was missing a clip that holds the two parts of the bumper together. Dealer had to order a clip, but ordered the wrong one (apparently there's a difference between the left side and right side clips). I recall reading a few posts from other 2008 owners who had the same problem. Easy fix – if the dealer orders the right part.
The_Judge: Read my post. It answers this ...

·
Registered
CTS 2008 3.6DI Sport Luxury
1,027 Posts
For all those service advisors that say "... nothing can be done", tell 'em there IS a fix! I had the same issue with my '09 and thanks to THIS THREAD DISCUSSION entitled "Front bumber doesn't clip". As you'll see, I posted a photo almost identical to the one on this thread. Thanks to this thread, myself and the others were able to get the bumper to stay where it should and align with the fender.

To sum up, there is a reinforced replacement bracket that solves the problem ... the parts numbers being 25923848 and 25923849. Should be a free fix cuz it was a factory related problem on the early ('08 and '09 especially) CTS.

Hope this helps ...
Thanks a lot!

From the other hand, it is a shame that one piece costs $40, should be 1$ or even -$40

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 LY7
285 Posts
Re: Front Bumper Misalignment - Something CAN be done!

...thanks for the clue, I'm gonna put this on the list for when I do my grille. But seems like there might be a part number change. When I punch in 'gm part 25923849' one place says Replaced By:20831753, which is the part number I found....

http://www.gmpartsdirect.co/cadillac/cts/20831753/2009-year/base-trim/3-6l-v6-gas-engine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-front-scat/?part_name=side-retainer&position=left

...the drawing isn't very detailed. Can you describe the difference between the original and new bracket, sounds like it's basically larger/longer to apply more clamping force. Anyway, thanks again, now I've got a place to start.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts