Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my '91 DeVille in July, I knew I would need to service the front brakes. It stops fine, but vibrates something fierce, so I know the front rotors are warped.

I plan to replace the front rotors and pads rather than turning the rotors since they may be too far gone to save anyway. I usually buy parts at NAPA, but is there any brand would be better in terms of performance and durability without getting into the expensive stuff? Any brands to avoid?

My DeVille has 203K on it, and I'll be putting in new fuel injectors and changing out the coolant at the same time. I'd like to get 2-3 years and 25-30K more miles out of it at least. So I don't need top-of-the-line brake parts, but I don't want cheap crap that'll wear out in a year either.

·
Registered
1999 DeVille, 1988 DeVille
134 Posts
I put the cheap (made in China) rotors in both my '88 and '91 DeVilles and have had no problems with them for over three years. One set I bought from JC Whitney and the other set from AutoZone. About $30-35 each. I put OEM rotors in my '99, however.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts