Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. My nephew just replaced my front brake pads and rotors. He installed the pads upside down with the wear sensor located at the top instead off the bottom. My brother says this is ok and dosen't matter. I am concerned. My brake peddle has alot of ply so I think there is still some air in the system. There is alot of brake dust on the hub caps. Does anyone have a picture of how the brake pads should look when properly installed on 1992 Cadi Sedan Deville? I appreciate any and all help on this.
Thank you!

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
I'm not sure of your specific application but every set of pads I've seen are semicircular. I think it's impossible to install them upside down.

Maybe I misread this post :canttalk:

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I agree, Semi Circular..

The only way to put pads on upside down would be to break off the retainers. I don't even think they'll go in the calipers wrong.

There shouldn't be any air in the lines unless he opened the hydraulic system. Were the calipers disconnected for any reason?

I have never worked on a 92 SDV but this is basic brake info 101 we're talking about here.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,116 Posts
:bonkers: Is it possible that this botched brake job involves installing the pads backwards, i.e. with the metal backing plate against the rotor ????? No reason for "air in the system" unless bleeder screws were opened........(shoot your nephew).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts