Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting in hopes of hearing any similar stories about problems you may see with your park sensors. I have a August 2015 build.

When I pull into my garage the park assist beeps 1 time and then the display shows the 1st line, then the 2nd line then the 3rd line and then suddenly the popup with the lines hide like they were turned off and sometimes i get the 4th line and solid tone and sometimes I don't. Sometimes they disappear and then reappear.

My understanding is the front sensors are active if your in drive and under 5mph until you go into park. I'm not sure what to think but I know there not acting normally.

I have had them act up at a drive thru also, they would come on and beep and go off like they are going crazy and no one was directly in front of me.
I've also had problems with the truck braking when backing up and nothing is directly behind me and no display warning or beep? I should see the radar lines pop up if it seen something but nothing is usually behind me and it still has braked for no reason randomly.

I'm starting to wonder if i might have faulty sensors from these odd behaviors. Im currently driving a loaner Cadi and it acts normal and more consistent and what i would expect so Im starting to question my park assist sensors.

Anyone else noticing the same behavior?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
DreamCadi said:
I'm posting in hopes of hearing any similar stories about problems you may see with your park sensors. I have a August 2015 build. When I pull into my garage the park assist beeps 1 time and then the display shows the 1st line, then the 2nd line then the 3rd line and then suddenly the popup with the lines hide like they were turned off and sometimes i get the 4th line and solid tone and sometimes I don't. Sometimes they disappear and then reappear. My understanding is the front sensors are active if your in drive and under 5mph until you go into park. I'm not sure what to think but I know there not acting normally. I have had them act up at a drive thru also, they would come on and beep and go off like they are going crazy and no one was directly in front of me. I've also had problems with the truck braking when backing up and nothing is directly behind me and no display warning or beep? I should see the radar lines pop up if it seen something but nothing is usually behind me and it still has braked for no reason randomly. I'm starting to wonder if i might have faulty sensors from these odd behaviors. Im currently driving a loaner Cadi and it acts normal and more consistent and what i would expect so Im starting to question my park assist sensors. Anyone else noticing the same behavior?
Do you have snow buildup blocking one of the sensors?

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
I'm posting in hopes of hearing any similar stories about problems you may see with your park sensors. I have a August 2015 build.

When I pull into my garage the park assist beeps 1 time and then the display shows the 1st line, then the 2nd line then the 3rd line and then suddenly the popup with the lines hide like they were turned off and sometimes i get the 4th line and solid tone and sometimes I don't. Sometimes they disappear and then reappear.

My understanding is the front sensors are active if your in drive and under 5mph until you go into park. I'm not sure what to think but I know there not acting normally.

I have had them act up at a drive thru also, they would come on and beep and go off like they are going crazy and no one was directly in front of me.
I've also had problems with the truck braking when backing up and nothing is directly behind me and no display warning or beep? I should see the radar lines pop up if it seen something but nothing is usually behind me and it still has braked for no reason randomly.

I'm starting to wonder if i might have faulty sensors from these odd behaviors. Im currently driving a loaner Cadi and it acts normal and more consistent and what i would expect so Im starting to question my park assist sensors.

Anyone else noticing the same behavior?
Get them checked. In my case, 1 or 2 of my front sensors weren't affixed to my front bumper. Had to have it fixed at the dealer. If the system detects inconsistencies, it'll disable itself (you should see the feature light on the touch button turn off if this is the case. Mine would go off like crazy as soon as I put it in to drive, and then disable itself on the 2nd or 3rd complete stop.

As for the rear sensors, you need to make sure the rear bumper is clean.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can see all my ultrasonic sensors if i look at the bumper they are in place and mine isn't deactivating the system but I see the screen popup with the lines and then it just hides and then it comes back and then it hides? i don't know why that parking screen hides when I'm still in drive? its suppose to hide when theres nothing in the sensors path or your in park. Is there was a diagnostic for users? anyone have a repair manual, I've been trying to figure out out how to test each sensor.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
I just posted a new thread. Cadillac says the front camera activates only when the front parking assist sensors detect an object within 12" of the front bumper.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With Front and Rear Parking Assist, as the vehicle moves at speeds of less than (5 mph) the sensors on the bumpers detect objects up to (4 ft) in front and (8 ft) behind the vehicle within a zone (10 in) high off the ground and below bumper level. These detection distances may be less during warmer or humid weather. The instrument cluster may have a parking assist display with bars that show “distance to object” and object location information for the Front and Rear Parking Assist system. As the object gets closer, more bars light up. When an object is first detected in the rear, one beep will be heard from the rear, or both sides of the Safety Alert Seat will pulse two times. When an object is very close ((2 ft) in the vehicle rear, or < (1 ft) in the vehicle front), a continuous beep will sound from the front or rear depending on object location, or both sides of the Safety Alert Seat will pulse five times. Beeps for Front Parking Assist are higher pitched than for Rear Parking Assist.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
This is what I know.....if you put the car into revearse briefly, the cam system will activate, move the shift to drive and the view will change to a front view and will remain on at slow speed.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
I really hate getting this close,
but my front camera did activate at 1'
By the time I stopped I was 6" from the sign and I was going very slow.

My normal pattern is to STOP, shift to REVERSE, and again shift back to DRIVE.
This forces the SURROUND & FRONT CAMERAS ON when parking.

So far in 5 weeks and 1500 miles I have not scratched my new Platinum.

^yes, but will it activate the front camera?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
zerdian1 said:
I really hate getting this close, but my front camera did activate at 1' By the time I stopped I was 6" from the sign and I was going very slow. My normal pattern is to STOP, shift to REVERSE, and again shift back to DRIVE. This forces the SURROUND & FRONT CAMERAS ON when parking. So far in 5 weeks and 1500 miles I have not scratched my new Platinum.
Here in Michigan my platinum went to the brush car wash 4x already. I ask them not to spray the front because of the xpel ultimate and now will ask them to stop using their manual brush to finish the sides and back. Some scratches from those manual brushes.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
My detailer says that most of the automatic car washers can do more harm than good to luxury car finishes.
Thousands of little scratches that add up over time.
Most of his Bentley, Rolls Royce, BMW, MB and Cadillac Escalade customers skip the auto car washes.
He makes it look like it just came off the show room floor.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
zerdian1 said:
I really hate getting this close, but my front camera did activate at 1' By the time I stopped I was 6" from the sign and I was going very slow.
I just tried it! It works! But pretty scary unless the front automatic brake will be activated normally.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Yes i tried it.
Very scary as it looks like we have already touched the sign post.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
curious how everyone's front sensors work, I will get to the 1ft mark and the last red light bar comes on and a high pitched tone will sound and then the sound goes off and then it comes back and then it goes away, but it seems random and I thought from the book that the sound was suppose to stay on while the red line was solid? I was also in another cadi and the sound was more of a loud chime. Im curious if anyone else has tested this on yours and does the sound stay on and is it a high pitched tone or loud chime?

·
Registered
CTS Luxury
2 Posts
Take a look at a product called Wet Paint. It's available only online, but well worth the effort. I first used it about 20 years ago on a faded '59 Dodge, now use it on both my Cadillac CTS and my Corvette. It's that good, and will cost you only about $3 per application.
http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts