Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with the rubberized front air dam pulling loose? A co-worker pointed out to me today that mine was coming off on the right side. I can't think of anything I would have hit, driven over, or contacted to pull it off so much. Luckily, I managed to pop it back into place by hand. I am just wondering how often I should be checking that to make sure it does not fall off unexpectedly. This is on an '05 3.6 Sport Package.

Thanks,

m

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I replaced my entire front rubber air dam about 1-2 months ago. The constant rubbing into and out of my steep driveway eventually created a 6-8 inch wide slit in the front. It never came loose though throughout the constant rubbing....for 2 years.

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
I bought my car "used" with 3200 miles and when I got it home I noticed mine was a little chewed up and had them replace it. Since then its held up.

I like the fact its rubber, but I can see if you are constantly rubbling/scrapeing/hitting something the rubber can wear out tear quickly

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
The comcrete parking lot blocks are just the right height to break the plastic belly pan behind the air dam and peel the heads off the fasteners. It cost about $75 to fix.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Mine was a case of parking lock block with it's rebar anchor sticking up about 2 inches above, guess who didn't see it. When I pulled back off it, I pulled the sucker half off and split it in two. These are definitley the most dangerous to this part. Otherwise watch the tall fancy curbs, as they'll scuff up that nice rubber piece as well.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
pjohnesq said:
I replaced my entire front rubber air dam about 1-2 months ago. The constant rubbing into and out of my steep driveway eventually created a 6-8 inch wide slit in the front. It never came loose though throughout the constant rubbing....for 2 years.
Hell of a driveway you have there PJ!:eek:

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is the thing that baffles me, I do not have to negotiate steep driveways, stop way back from parking blocks, and generally try to baby my car. I cannot understand how the air dam was pulled off that much. Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I will be safe for a while and be more careful from now on. I'll have the service techs look at during my next oil change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts