Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
CTS`08
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

My name is Serg. I`m writing from Moscow (Russia). Owning a Cadillac CTS in black with 2.8 (LP1) engine. Why with such "old" engine?! We have 2 engines in sale in Russia: new 3.6 DI and 2.8 LP1 engine. As for me, i prefer 2.8 cause of very high taxes on 3.6 DI.

The car is super! I love it! Pretty cheap price for a car with such options and exterior\interior look. I have all exept sunroof in my car, and it cost me 50k$.
Why so expensive?! Car prices in Russia are very high (taxes and exchange course) But on the other side for this money i could buy a 525 BMW with no options at all. So Caddy is great choise! Cadillac in not very popular in Russia. Rich people prefer german cars (BMW, MB, Audi) and Lexus\Infinity. Others prefer used german cars and lexus\infinity ))) In peoples mind - American cars are fast and comfortable but very unreliable.

We have a little (50+ members) cadillac club in Moscow and it is growing fast. Hope to show you some photos from cadillac club meeting in the nearest future.

If you have any questions - please ask. I`ll try to answer. I will also ask cadillac owners if i have any questions.

From Russia with love!

P.S. for moderators. I am sorry if it is a wrong place for such a thread. If so - please move it.

·
Registered
CTS
54 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you have a Euro spec. CTS. The 2.8 engine is not offered in the US or Canada. I guess they went with the smaller motor because of the higher fuel prices there (and lack of a diesel option). For 2010, the new base engine here is a 3.0. I wonder if they will send that to Europe as well or stick with the 2.8? Anyway, I'm glad you like your car and I think you'll find it very reliable. As for the smaller engine, from what I hear about the traffic in Moscow, you wouldn't be able to get much use out of the bigger motor anyway! :)

·
Registered
Cadillac 08CTS Hot Lava 3.6DI RWD special edition
74 Posts
Welcome to the board Serg.:welcome5:

be sure to post some pics...

Nick

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 CRYSTAL RED TINTCOAT/LIGHT TITANIUM
295 Posts
Welcome Serg! :welcome:
I bet you get a lot of stares driving a CTS down the streets of Moscow! I imagine they are all jealous and curious too!
The CTS is a bit different than the VAZ Lada! :yup:

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Thunder Gray Chromaflair/Ebony
798 Posts
Serg,

Welcome to the forum. I had the opportunity to visit St. Petersburg last year and enjoyed it very much! We've had a few people from Russia on this forum.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Welcome from hot sunny Florida. Welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and sharing information with you.
Is your car an automatic or manual transmission?

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I was just in Moscow last week. I didn't see your car... :lol:

All I can say is good luck driving over there, I am glad I didn't have to drive, the roads are insane in Moscow!

I must admit I only saw a handful of Cadillacs, be careful and enjoy that car!

·
Registered
2008 CTS Radiant Bronze, Performance Collection RWD
175 Posts
Welcome Serg!

Greetings from Michigan!
Congrats on your CTS. I am on my second one (04 then 08). The two best cars I've ever owned. Enjoy yours.

·
Registered
CTS`08
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks to all!!!

The traffic is very high in Moscow - it is a bad thing. But the good thing - is that i`m standing in big traffic jam in Caddy, and i`m sure that there are no same cars in this traffic jam. Everybody`s looking on the car - and it looks fantastic. 2.8 engine is pretty enough for the city. I have a drag with BMW 525 (218hp) and Caddy wins it. And the sound of the engine is great!

We have only automatic transmission on CTS with 2 types of engine 2.8 and 3.6 DI. 3.6 DI can be RWD and AWD. As an option you can get cooling seats, keyless go system, Bose 5.1 sound and sunroof. I have all exept sunroof. The Bose sound is super! But the navigation works only in Europe.

I have run about 12000 km. on my CTS, and have no problems at all. But other owners have some problems. Especially with 3.6 DI engine. Engine chain streches - and the car couldnt move. There are also problems with "Check engine" ligths. But this could be cause of bad fuel quality.

"For 2010, the new base engine here is a 3.0" - can you please write more info about this engine? Also what news about CTS coupe? (if someone knows smth)

On this thursday we will have a Cadillac-club meeting. I`ll take some photos, and post them here. Some of owners have already tuned their Cadillacs. New rims, and painted grill.

For example:

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Thanks for filling us in on the happenings in Moscow. I am really enjoying your posts. The white CTS in the picture is amazing looking. I'd be interested in seeing more pictures. You guys know how to rock.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
The DI engine is designed to run on low sulfur fuel, so that may cause problems if the fuel doesn't conform. Are there regulations for sulfur content like there are here? I believe the 3.0 engine will be DI also, to give similar horsepower to the non-DI 3.6 with better fuel economy. That may be a problem if your fuel has too much sulfur for all the models. It should be significantly faster than the 2.8, though. Maybe your club could compile a list of gas stations where the fuel is of low sulfur content?

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts

·
Registered
CTS`08
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe your club could compile a list of gas stations where the fuel is of low sulfur content?
We surely know which gas stations are better. But there maybe the situation when you have to use any gas station, cause the next station is far away. I see you own CTS-V, how is it ?))) As i know there are 4 CTS-V in Moscow already, but nobody saw them yet.

By the way: have you got a low fuel signal in US versions of CTS? (light on the dashboard for example). We have no light, and finding fuel info in the trip computer takes some time.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
The CTS-V is fantastic. I had an '08 CTS DI 6-speed manual with FE3 which I loved, but unfortunately it was a lemon, so Cadillac willingly bought the car back, allowing me to get the V. It's everything I could want in a car, except for the fuel economy, of course. So far, so good. Check one out if you can, but then you'll REALLY want one.

None of the CTS family have a low fuel light, which is kind of annoying. I also wish fuel range went all the way down, as opposed to "low range", which doesn't tell you anything. One nice feature of the NAV is that it will find the closest gas stations when "low fuel" displays, if you want it too. Hopefully you will get full NAV in Russia someday.

·
Registered
CTS`08
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Marktanner, thanks for the info.

I found a video with 2.8 CTS. Not so fast as 3.6 of course... Tyres are Michelin PS MX4. On 3.6 DI rwd there are Michelin PS 2.

·
Registered
CTS`08
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Marktanner, thanks for the info.

Here is a little video with CTS 2.8 with Michelin PS MX4 tyres. Michelin PS 2 are available only on 3.6 DI RWD. It is not so fast as 3.6 of course, but pretty good.

I couldnt add this video yet. Vbulletin dont allow me to add links to the youtube..dont know whats the problem..

Cadillac club members ask me to answer US owners about GM. What is happening with it?

Thanks a lot!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts