Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
95 Eldorado
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally own a 95 eldorado, but im hoping the caddy fam can shed some light onto me as Im needing some insight on a friends car. She has a 03 seabring sedan 2.7 vin R. She told me when she goes over bumps her blower motor will shut off, she'll tap around the blower motor area and itll kick back on, so I automatically assumed loose wiring. So i get under there (pass. footwell) and start moving around the blower wires and it just keeps trucking. So i move to the blower resistor block main connection and i notice a wires hot. Like physically ow hot. So i move it around and sure enough it (the blower motor) turns on and off. So I pull that clip off the resistor block and look inside and the number one prong (dark grey wire) is melted, or at least the plastic around it, as well as the female end on the resistor pack. So as Im seeing these melted spots im thinking bad ground. Where would the blower motor ground to? Control head/unit right? So i pull it and unclip the connector from the control head and voltmeter it on the 20 dc scale and i get .6. In the reading ive done with key on i should get 12v. So im not sure whats going on. I get blower on at 1-2-3-4 so im assuming good resistor block. All I can think is bad ground. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts