1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ingredients.

Seasonings used (except the hot sauce).

Cut the chicken into standard pieces, then allow the pieces to bathe in low fat buttermilk.

Let the chicken soak for a while.

While the chicken bathes, turn the stove to high (about 350F if youre into precision, I'm not) and add many scoops of Crisco, enough to fill the frying pan 1/3 to 1/2 of the way up once melted.

Mix the seasonings to your liking. I used one part of garlic powder, salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, meat tenderizer, and a special poultry seasoning (99-cent packet).

Place the bathing pieces of chicken on a platter or rack one by one, seasoning each piece GENEROUSLY on both sides. The buttermilk, flour, and frying process will allow much of the seasoning to fall off, so coat the chicken as pictured.

[Not pictures] In a baking pan or tupperware container, add a few cups of flour. Thoroughly coat each piece of chicken with flour then transfer it to a clean plate. After taking this picture, I added more flour.

This is a good time to make some rice. I use white jasmine. In the rice cooker, use two parts water to one part rice. Add a tablespoon or two of real butter.

Fry them! Set them gently in the shortening and let them idle in the heat for 7-10 minutes.
Leave the chicken alone for 7-10!
I tried using a regular pot cover, but the chicken seemed to cook better without it. I didnt have a frying pan cover available.

Flip them again and cook for another 2-3 minutes, then place on a serving platter. Do not line the plate with napkins. The black you see is sweet caramelized goodness, just before the flour gets burnt -- don't let it burn.

The shortening is good for cooking one and a half chickens before you need to drain and replace it.

The rice is ready!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2006 STS
40 Posts
I see in the cupboard shot you have some "rooster" hot sauce.

That is some damn fine hot goodness. Especially on KD.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Great cooking! 100% taste, 100% fill, 0% vitamins ;D

What sauce???

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
Some of you know about my Fat Tims Clam Chowder Surprise.

My Baller-Ass Grilled Cheese.

My Apple Surprise. (the surprise is that there isnt any apples in it)

I make dank foodz.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Surprise cooking is great!

Not if it is a uncomfortable surprise to yourself :D

Keep it up! This is cool!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Awesome..is this like JFC?! Is there anything you don't take pictures of Jesda? haha jk

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
You guys ever try basmati rice? The Hindi word ‘basmati’ means fragrant, and refers to the nutlike flavor and aroma of this small, but long grained rice. It has been used in India and Pakistan for thousands of years and is excellent with curries.

If you haven't had Basmati, you haven't had rice!
2 c. water 1/2 tsp. salt 1 tbsp. butterRinse the rice thoroughly, until the water runs clear. Bring water and salt to a boil; add the rice, stir, and cover. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Check to see if the water is absorbed. Turn off the heat, stir, add the butter, and cover. Let stand 2 minutes, then stir again to mix in the butter.

Nutrition Highlights Basmati rice, 1 cup (200g) (cooked)
Calories: 205
Protein: 4.2g
Carbohydrate: 44.5g
Total Fat: 0.44g
Fiber: 0.63g
*Good source of: Iron (1.9mg), Selenium (11.8mcg), Thiamine (0.26mg), and Niacin (2.3mg)

·
Registered
2006 STS
40 Posts
I forgot to mention, the most recognisable thing on the label is a drawing of a rooster, hence the name "rooster" sauce.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
How old is your stove Jesda?! :eek:

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
LOL! No I meant look at the control center for it, it's like 1981 all over again!

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator
5,032 Posts
So where are all tha cholesterol will kill ya people? I'm surprised this thread got this long without one comment.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts