Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from the dyno.... thought I would share a video and the graph....it's a little lean from 2700-4700 rpms...I will have trifecta adjust for that...it was a dynojet...I talked to the tech, he stated that his dynojet is normally 10hp lower then mustang dyno numbers...I thought it was the other way around? he said he's dyno'd same car/tune on mustang dyno's then his dynojet and his is alway 7-10 lower?????????

anyway here is the graph and video

[/IMG]

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

uuugghhh how do you insert a youtube video????

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts

uuugghhh how do you insert a youtube video????
like that

you only put what is after the = in the youtube address between the youtube tags

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V
433 Posts
First off, congrats.

What mods do you have done?

Do you have the whole dyno sheet? Which dynojet was it? I don't see the correction factors marked anywhere on the graph so its hard to tell if its SAE, if its weather corrected, if the correction factor is 1.0 and how much smoothing was used.

It looks like there is more power to be made in the 3200-4k RPM range.

I am also concerned with the missing section at the end of your run. All the dynos I have ever read, when the dyno loses RPM/Ignition pickup there is some knock/miss.

And IMO, mustang dynos generally read the lowest then Dynojet, Dynapack, LandAirSea being the higher of the reading dynos (again imo, all dynos are operated differentially) The best thing you can do is use a dyno as a before and after tool. Not to compare against other people in other regions of the US.

Car feels good though, right? No bucking or hesitation in the upper RPMS?

Not trying to rip your car or the dyno or its operators, just trying to be as objective/helpful as I can be.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, congrats.

What mods do you have done?

Do you have the whole dyno sheet? Which dynojet was it? I don't see the correction factors marked anywhere on the graph so its hard to tell if its SAE, if its weather corrected, if the correction factor is 1.0 and how much smoothing was used.

It looks like there is more power to be made in the 3200-4k RPM range.

I am also concerned with the missing section at the end of your run. All the dynos I have ever read, when the dyno loses RPM/Ignition pickup there is some knock/miss.

And IMO, mustang dynos generally read the lowest then Dynojet, Dynapack, LandAirSea being the higher of the reading dynos (again imo, all dynos are operated differentially) The best thing you can do is use a dyno as a before and after tool. Not to compare against other people in other regions of the US.

Car feels good though, right? No bucking or hesitation in the upper RPMS?

Not trying to rip your car or the dyno or its operators, just trying to be as objective/helpful as I can be.
he said the smoothing factor was 3...he said he normally leaves it in the middle....and this missing section was the rev limit'r
and that is the whole sheet

man now you got me all freaked out..lol...and the car feels great on the road

mods are
1 3/4 kooks
kooks cats
trifecta tune
home made intake tube
x-pipe
corsa exhaust
ported TB (katech)

:confused:

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V
433 Posts
It looks fine, I can see room for more power though. So I wouldn't BE freaked out. That bit before the limiter is odd though, what does the car redline at 6200?
IMO, I would like to see better tipin and a little more in the middle. But if your doing a webtune, that is good as your gonna get (imo). An in person tune is the only way you can really tweek a car for its specific needs. I'm no tuner though.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It looks fine, I can see room for more power though. So I wouldn't BE freaked out. That bit before the limiter is odd though, what does the car redline at 6200?
IMO, I would like to see better tipin and a little more in the middle. But if your doing a webtune, that is good as your gonna get (imo). An in person tune is the only way you can really tweek a car for its specific needs. I'm no tuner though.
6500ish is normally where the rev limiter kicks in...I will send this to trifecta and have him adjust a little in the middle...then datalog the car and make sure all is good...

the first graph was pull #3

this one is pull #2

I'm confussed why there is such a difference
[/IMG]

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Nice HP numbers! Pretty close to mine with similar mods. The only difference is that the LS2 pulls a bit more torque (20tq) than the LS6. :stirpot:

It seems that 360ish is a pretty common number for Vs with Kooks.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice HP numbers! Pretty close to mine with similar mods. The only difference is that the LS2 pulls a bit more torque (20tq) than the LS6. :stirpot:

It seems that 360ish is a pretty common number for Vs with Kooks.
I'm still confused why the two graphs looks like they are from two different cars:banghead:

max numbers are spot on but the graphs are totally different

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hey-dont beat yourself up. I think you have good numbers for the mods..

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
The scaling of the two graphs is different so it's hard to compare them, but...

the 3rd run had 250 tq at 3000 rpm compared to the 2nd run with 325 tq at 3000 rpm

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I'm still confused why the two graphs looks like they are from two different cars:banghead:

max numbers are spot on but the graphs are totally different
Nice numbers for a LS6. But seriously, your horsepower is right on for a Kooks V. Your tq would be higher if you had LS2. :stirpot:

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The scaling of the two graphs is different so it's hard to compare them, but...

the 3rd run had 250 tq at 3000 rpm compared to the 2nd run with 325 tq at 3000 rpm
the second graph doesn't make any sense the max tq stated in txt is lower than what the graph shows...

maybe I will chalk it up to maybe he messed up on the second graph

the first one looks like the 3rd one...but my scanner is f'n up and cannot upload it

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
the second graph doesn't make any sense the max tq stated in txt is lower than what the graph shows...

maybe I will chalk it up to maybe he messed up on the second graph

the first one looks like the 3rd one...but my scanner is f'n up and cannot upload it
Hmmm...your graphs do look weird. But then again no ones graphs are what they expect. Once I get going my A/F ranges up from 10.0-12.3 to 13...21st CMC said that I "MAY" see 375 if the tune is fixed. With that being said if I had a $1 every time a performance shop said I should see a higher number I wouldn't need to work. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Another observation about the graphs - the horsepower scale on the left side of the graph is not in sync with the torque scale on the right side of the graph. It looks like the graph just did not get displayed correctly. If they still have the file on their computer you might be able either get the underlying data or maybe they can rerun the graphs. (Unless there is some other explanation that I am missing.)

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another observation about the graphs - the horsepower scale on the left side of the graph is not in sync with the torque scale on the right side of the graph. It looks like the graph just did not get displayed correctly. If they still have the file on their computer you might be able either get the underlying data or maybe they can rerun the graphs. (Unless there is some other explanation that I am missing.)
i think you are right....I will have them fax it to my work tomorrow....hopefully get my scanner working and I can put my mind at ease...

but overall I'm happy with my numbers....

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,200 Posts
This is why I always get the raw data on a disk. Then I can cut and paste it into Excel and plot it however I want. Any dyno shop that's worth a damn should give you all the data, not just a couple of print-outs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts