1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Elantra
18,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Ok, here's your cake :D

:bday23:

·
Registered
Formerly 09 CTS-V, Red; now 16 CTS-V, Red
304 Posts
I go back far enough to remember getting a bag of 'em (a full dozen) for $1. I was working 3rd shift at the time and there weren't a lot of fast-food options in the middle of the night back then. Developed both a taste and a tolerance for them: gastrointestinal delight, not upset.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
No White Castle restaurants in Virginia ....... but, gee, the "Slyders" are available in many local frozen food sections (wow! yum! yum!). My only run in with W.C. burgers was in Hartford, Connecticut forty years ago. I don't remember being overwhelmed with them, fresh, at that time. Now In-N-Out Burgers I remember!

·
Registered
Formerly 09 CTS-V, Red; now 16 CTS-V, Red
304 Posts
No White Castle restaurants in Virginia ....... but, gee, the "Slyders" are available in many local frozen food sections (wow! yum! yum!). My only run in with W.C. burgers was in Hartford, Connecticut forty years ago. I don't remember being overwhelmed with them, fresh, at that time. Now In-N-Out Burgers I remember!
The frozen ones just aren't the same as fresh, but they're the best I can get. The frozen WCs come without a pickle, so they're perfect for this recipe:

http://www.whitecastle.com/_pages/recipe_list.asp?section=recipes&type=DINNER&recipe=9

White Castle Turkey Stuffing
INGREDIENTSINGREDIENTS

10 White Castle hamburgers, no pickles
1 1/2 cups celery, diced
1 1/4 tsp. ground thyme
1 1/2 tsp. ground sage
3/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 cup chicken broth

INSTRUCTIONSINSTRUCTIONS

In a large mixing bowl, tear the burgers into pieces and add diced celery and seasonings. Toss and add chicken broth. Toss well. Stuff cavity of turkey just before roasting. Makes about 9 cups (enough for a 10- to 12-pound turkey). Note: Allow 1 hamburger for each pound of turkey, which will be the equivalent of 3/4 cup of stuffing per pound.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
White Castle is what I get when I'm craving it after dropping off in NYC. But they're expensive. There is so little to a slider, you need about 8 of them to equal a double QP or Wendy's triple. I feel like such a fat bastard when I order for 1 at White Castle.

Oh wait...

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Oh, and when I ate at one in Indy, I went back to the hotel pool afterward and had some of the most lethal fart bubbles you've ever smelled...and no fear of skidmarks!!

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,091 Posts
The name slider sounds to me to be an apt name for a raw oyster.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
:yeah:

In Arkansas

I would bring you back some from St. Louis (I pass by several on my drive), but after an appx. 4.5 hr drive, they might be a little slimy.....

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
The slimy slider kind of has an unappetizing ring to it. :ack:

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Very much so.

If you don't eat them hot, the grease congeals w/the dissolved bread.....

Not pretty...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts