Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just replaced my TonyA system with the Volant. I thought maybe somebody with limited funds would be interested in my TonyA. I took my time and did it right. I would need your air box in exchange as I'll remove the Volant when I eventually sell the CTS. I also ask you to cover the UPS fee. Here's a few pics:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TripleOught said:
i bet a cool website that contained things like this would be nifty right baout now...

:helpless:
3xo,
Did you take your idea to Reed regarding some sort of fit in the FAQ section? I think your idea has merit. Reed is a bright guy and has some programming savey.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
Boston.CTS said:
ok what would I gain from switching ? more HP ? and if so how much ? what I am getting at is it worth it ?
According to the dyno results, it gives about a 5HP increase.

·
Registered
STS4
97 Posts
5 Hp gain not a lot but it may be noticeable ,fuel gain or loss under normal driving ?
I would mine getting better performance ,but if I wanted only that I would of keeped my VettE, I am looking for a great all around car for my situation ,I drive about 250 to 300 mile a week ,if I could squeak alittle more MPG it would be nice , again normal driving , thanks any help is appreciated

·
Registered
CTS
531 Posts
If I recall Robert e-mailed me the stuff if I still have it. I'll put it into a html file, and I can host it if we can get it put into the FAQ.

BTW, how do you like the sound Rob?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PAW 47 said:
If I recall Robert e-mailed me the stuff if I still have it. I'll put it into a html file, and I can host it if we can get it put into the FAQ.

BTW, how do you like the sound Rob?
A tad quieter in the mid rpm range. I like it.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Boston.CTS said:
5 Hp gain not a lot but it may be noticeable ,fuel gain or loss under normal driving ?
I would mine getting better performance ,but if I wanted only that I would of keeped my VettE, I am looking for a great all around car for my situation ,I drive about 250 to 300 mile a week ,if I could squeak alittle more MPG it would be nice , again normal driving , thanks any help is appreciated
Boston,
I imagine you might see some fuel mileage increase. This would be a "plug and play" as all the work has been done to the airbox.
UPS says a package that size should be about $15. The AirHog alone is worth $40. You can see by my cuts on the box it was done well.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AsAkAs said:
If you don't want it Boston i'll take it
BELIEVE ME THE TONYA MOD WITH THE CTS-V EXHAUST SOUNDS GREAT!

The box the Volant came in should fit the OEM box perfectly. I don't need the MAF or the induction box near the intake manifold. We can share the same box.

Bob

1 - 20 of 25 Posts