Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock exhaust was replace in the summer of 04 when my V had under 1000 miles on it. Not knowing if I'd like the Corsa exhaust, I covered the four openings on the stock exhaust with plastic and tape and put it our behind the shed. It has sat there since. The Corsa sounds great and I'll don't plan to ever need the stock exhaust. I'll fix the Corsa if anything happens to it.

I'm about to cut the stock unit up and put it in the recycle bin.

If anyone wants to come by and pick it up, they can have it. PM me. I'm located about 10 miles east of Pittsburgh.

Tony

·
Registered
Black Raven CTS 2.8 VVT
404 Posts
I live in Orlando FL but i'll be willing to pay you to ship it to me. You can write me at [email protected]. Thanks.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
estrivera said:
I live in Orlando FL but i'll be willing to pay you to ship it to me. You can write me at [email protected]. Thanks.
if the 3.2 is too small for the v exhaust, then the 2.8 is defintly not the engine to have if you want to go with the v exhaust. Plus shipping will easily hit about 200 or more since its such a large object. Not worth it at all.

·
Registered
Black Raven CTS 2.8 VVT
404 Posts
Caddy Man said:
if the 3.2 is too small for the v exhaust, then the 2.8 is defintly not the engine to have if you want to go with the v exhaust. Plus shipping will easily hit about 200 or more since its such a large object. Not worth it at all.
what do you mean that the 3.2 and the 2.8 is to small for the v exhaust. I'm new here, so could you explain to me why you say that. Thanks.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
estrivera said:
what do you mean that the 3.2 and the 2.8 is to small for the v exhaust. I'm new here, so could you explain to me why you say that. Thanks.
the v exhaust is dual 2.5 inch diameter piping. It is originally meant to be mated to the 5.7 liter V-8 found in the cts v. For the 3.2 , its been said that the V exhaust decreases backpressure which kills the amount of torque the engine produces. Basically the piping is too ''open'' for that specific engine. I have the 3.2, what I did was make some custom dual pipes that were 2 inches in diameter and then welded on the cts v mufflers.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
estrivera said:
The V-exhaust features a much wider pipe, so the 3.2 and 2.8 do not have enough back pressure. As a result, putting such a free flowing exhaust on the smaller engines actually costs you HP. I think if you search, there might even be dyno results to back that up. Based on posts from various enthusiastic tuners who have tried every conceivable configuration, it is my impression that the V-exhaust is not for the smaller engines. Search for some posts from SDMarine with the keyword exhaust and you can find the details.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Right or wrong it does fit all 3 engines. We have members with it on the 3,2 & 2.8. They feel no loss of power but a nice sound.

·
Registered
Black Raven CTS 2.8 VVT
404 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts