Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Cleaning out the garage and I have a set of wheels and tires that I am getting ready to trash. They are american racing wheels and the chome is pitting all over and peeling in some spots so I stopped taking care of them.

The are priced right if someone wants to buff them and clean them up and they wont look bad at a distance but they are definately not in the best shape.

The tires are not that bad and they have enough thread to get a year or so but again I am dumping these in the trash this weekend because I need the room.

If anyone wants them they will have to pick them up. I am in central NJ around 10 minutes from Six Flags.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
As listed... FREE just pick them up. They are 18" with 245/45 tires.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
tomm, respond to PM, please.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must say that I am amazed at the responses I have received. I am trying to do the right thing by this forum and giving someone here an opportunity to get a set of rims and tires since I would not sell them with the chrome pitting.

For anyone with factory wheels I would think that folks would jump all over this but instead I get...

Can you deliver them?
I can take them but will you pay the expense of my gas and tolls?
I am too far away can you meet me half way?
Can you clean them first and take more pictures?

Look... I am not selling these items I am giving them away. My garbage pickup is tomorrow morning and I can walk them to the curb and they will be gone tomorrow.

I am doing this for you folks... I will not polish and buff them and spend my time on them to give them away. If you want them and spend some time cleaning and polishing them you will get some use out of them and they will look a hell of alot better than the factory 16" wheels.

Just dont waste my time..

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
I must say that I am amazed at the responses I have received. I am trying to do the right thing by this forum and giving someone here an opportunity to get a set of rims and tires since I would not sell them with the chrome pitting.

For anyone with factory wheels I would think that folks would jump all over this but instead I get...

Can you deliver them?

Look... I am not selling these items I am giving them away. My garbage pickup is tomorrow morning and I can walk them to the curb and they will be gone tomorrow.

I am doing this for you folks... I will not polish and buff them and spend my time on them to give them away. If you want them and spend some time cleaning and polishing them you will get some use out of them and they will look a hell of alot better than the factory 16" wheels.

Some people are amazing Tomm. FREE is not good enough. They want you to polish and deliver them. Maybe the trashman will appreciate them more.

My plan when I sell the Vadermobile is to load all the tires and rims in the trunk and fold down seat area and get rid of everything.

·
Registered
2004 SRX, 2005 CTS
13 Posts
Tomm

I'm interested in your tires and rims if their still available. I'm in NY (Long Island). Are the rims still available? I can't PM you because I don't have enough posts on my profile. Do you think these will fit on a 2005 CTS. How can I contact you or you contact me?

thanks

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They will fit a 2005 CTS just fine as that is exactly what they were taken off of. If you are willing to drive to Jackson NJ and pick them up they are yours. I am 5-10 minutes from Six Flags Great Adventure. If not taken this weekend they are gone.

·
Registered
2004 SRX, 2005 CTS
13 Posts
Tomm,

I'll take them, now how do I contact you for your address and directions? Can you PM me? I'm new to posting on this forum.

thanks

:)

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By the way... I briefly cleaned one to get a better picture:

If you look you can see the chrome pitting: Here is a closeup

On a car from a few feet away its not noticable... So they will look much better that factory wheels.

I am waiting for a solid commitment to pick them up. Please note that since these are wheels and tires you will need something bigger than a CTS to pick them up. So if you say that you will pick them up this weekend please be able to actually do it.

I have sold a buch of stuff from my CTS here and even through I sold things very cheap or gave something away it was a pain in the ass with all the commitments and then no follow through, so if you say you want these dont screw with me and the other members here and pick them up this weekend.

·
Registered
2004 SRX, 2005 CTS
13 Posts
Tomm,

I can be there this evening to pick them Up if that's okay with you. I figure its approx 2hrs travel time to you from my house. Can I pick them up today/tonite?

The 2005 CTS is my wife's I have a 2004 SRX, the rims/tires should all fit in the back of it.

I had some of that pitting on my SRX too, I had cadillac re-chrome my wheels on my SRX, but the Wheels are Factory so it didn't cost me anything.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No problem... I will probably not be home but I will leave them in my driveway.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Well one way or another Im sure they wont be there when you come home lol. It will really be funny if two members show up at the same time.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
174 Posts

Can you deliver them?

Isn't this the American way? Most Americans feel they are owed everything... Owed to them NOW... and want it with the least amount of effort possible. It is NO surprise to me that even with you offering these wheels and tires FREE some ungrateful people not only want them FREE, but DELIVERED!

Let this be a lesson... You are better off throwing the rims/wheels in the garbage before offering them to anyone. Less trouble that way.

And, be prepared for whomever does take them off your hand to blame YOU for something that may happen while driving on those wheels/tires.

It's a serious shame that in this day and age it is FAR more safe to just get rid of them instead of trying to be a nice guy and help someone out.

IMO.

·
Registered
2004 SRX, 2005 CTS
13 Posts
Tomm,

Great, Can you PM an email address or phone number that I can contact you directly. I will be there this evening but want to ask you something that I don't want posted to the entire group. Especillay if your going to leave???? them in your drive way.....

:bigroll:

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Tomm,

Great, Can you PM an email address or phone number that I can contact you directly. I will be there this evening but want to ask you something that I don't want posted to the entire group. Especillay if your going to leave???? them in your drive way.....

:bigroll:
I will PM you my email so the spam bots dont get it.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tomm,
I know where you live. I can be there before Kejam4!!!:bouncy: Thanks Man!!:rolleyes:

Just kidding Kejam4. Don't let Tomm down.
Hey, Rob..

Can you edit your quote to remove my personal email address.. I thought I was in the PM box when I posted that and I dont want the spam bots to get my personal email address. Also, my business email server has been down for a few days while a new server comes online this weekend so if you emailed me anything about the hummer's radio or anything else I did not get it. When you are ready to do something give me a call or email and I'll find you the best deal. You can also ship the radio and wire kit to me and I'll wire up the kit so its only plug and play into the factory harness.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts