Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Deville
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site has helped me so much I thought I would try to give back a little. I tried to donate but I refuse to use PAYPAL and no one seems to want me to PM them and send a money order or cheque. Next best thing!!! If any wants a service manual or at least the cloest you can come to one go to this web site. search.ebscohost.com It will ask you for user name type in greatfalls password is publiclibrary This site will help you with any car from 1945 to present with manuals, service updates, recalls and maintance schedules. It also will instruct you on all small engine repairs. The best site I have seen except for here of coursre.

·
Registered
2018 Escalade Premium Luxury
468 Posts
Seemed a little generic to me...also some of the wiring diagrams came up N/A. I'll stick with my FSM for now.

For what it is, it probably has some value to someone somewhere.

·
Registered
96 sedan deville
55 Posts
wish i had this a few days ago when i was messing with my fiancees buick.did i say that.buick.yuck.tried to talk her into a caddy but she said she didnt want a land yaht.i told her she didnt know what she was missing especially with the northstar.

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Brougham
21 Posts
very useful. its a little better than the service manual because i found additional pictures and more detailed steps. the search function is very handy!!!! i appreciate it!!

·
Registered
1984 Coupe Deville, 1991 Brougham d'elegance, 1996 Deville
229 Posts
I was using this for a while, found it on some other site, very useful.

·
Registered
CTS
35 Posts
The username and password for the site are no longer any good. You wouldn't happen to have updated info would you??

----------

web site = search.ebscohost.com
username = greatfalls
password = publiclibrary

The username and password for the site are no longer any good. You wouldn't happen to have updated info would you??

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
"Free Service Manuals" indeed!

The local city or county tax payers are funding their local library's operating budget. That library is paying an annual fee (a hefty fee) to EBSCO to allow patrons (card holders) of that library access to the database(s). Part of the agreement between the library and EBSCO calls for user and password protection. Abuse of the user/password protection causes EBSCO to deny service to that library including the local residents who are paying the taxes. It's called 'theft of service'. End of morality rant.

As to accuracy, EBSCO does not produce the information presented as a Service Manual. EBSCO in turn leases access to the information from whomever is the owner. EBSCO does not provide a guarantee of accuracy.

To take that accuracy issue one more step. I have used various Service Manuals from various sources and they have all contained errors. That includes GM vehicle Service Manuals published by Helm

·
Registered
98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next
2,125 Posts
I have to agree with JimD,

I use the site often, but as confirmation to certain things I ask for help or reference some things from this site.

This forum has a wealth of information, you may have to dig for it sometimes, but it's in here.

The Ebsco site is still informative but the accurracy, as well as any other source has to be verified.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,835 Posts
EBSCO and many library users seem to have plugged most of the illegal password leaks years ago.

Quickest gratification is www.alldatadiy.com - their own database plus the GM service manuals............ BUT, as posted, you must know what you're looking for/at in the first place - and there ARE mistakes: Nothing any good automotive detective can't diagnose.

The pirated GM discs are a poor, out-of-date joke.

·
Registered
1985 fleetwood brougham with only 69k
28 Posts
does anyone have the new user name and password for search.ebscohost.com as greatfalls and publiclibrary does not work

1 - 20 of 21 Posts